LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Jim Tomsula FIRED thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For his last press conference I hope just says "BLUDGEON" and walks off stage.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by strickac:
This. There's no way you win 4 games, get spanked by Cleveland and Detriot, lose your final 4 games, and get to keep your job.

Firing JT before the final game wouldn't solve anything. We start fresh Monday. It's the right thing to do.

The thing that bugs me the most about our 4 wins is that three out of four of them were practically flukes. Well... the Ravens game we were definitely the better team especially due to their defensive injuries, but still they missed a normal-length FG during the game and were in FG range at the end of the game so that tells you something. We beat the Falcons by one point when they made the idiotic decision to kick a FG at the end instead of go for the TD. And don't even get me started on the Bears game. We owned them in OT, but in regulation they missed not one, but TWO short FG's.

Ugh. All these FG's inflating our record. They may have felt good as they happened and any other season I would be thankful for them. But when they're the only way to win with Tomsula... that should tell you something.

The opener against the Vikings with Carlos Hyde, and the Ravens game to me were really our only quality, legitimate wins this season. Part of me wants the Vikings to lose tomorrow and then go one-and-down in the playoffs just to make Tomsula's resume for returning look even worse.

Tomorrow is the first game in awhile where I actually kind of want us to lose... I admit I kind of wanted us to lose the home game to the Cardinals too just to keep Seattle from winning the division (turns out they didn't even need that win all that much), but if losing to the Todd Gurley-less Rams at home by a convincing amount in front of a sparse crowd is enough to make Tomsula look bad, so be it. Obviously, I won't cheer at all if we get dumped on (I didn't cheer at all when the Cardinals beat us earlier this year) but I'll just think about Jed York and what he's going to say every time the Rams make a play tomorrow.

We should have beat the Giants tho they helped us out on that one lol
[ Edited by Zachary13White on Jan 3, 2016 at 11:50 AM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
For his last press conference I hope just says "BLUDGEON" and walks off stage.

"I got an ankle? Yeah I got 2 ankles and I am using them to walk out of here"
The Grimm reaper coming for you sucksula!!!
That punt is show exactly why this scary weak rat needs to go
THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THIS CLOWN GETS FIRED
Wouldn't be at all surprised if that lucky win saved Tomsula.
Peace out!!
It was a great moral victory for Jed. Now we will keep Ron Jeremy for another year.....
where can i see the press?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It was a great moral victory for Jed. Now we will keep Ron Jeremy for another year.....

Yep. OT victories really get the York's excited.
Fired yet?
Thanks a lot a*****e
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wouldn't be at all surprised if that lucky win saved Tomsula.

Too funny.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Bump the original
Share 49ersWebzone