LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 182 users in the forums

Marcus Martin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/13/7541195/marcus-martin-doing-some-work-with-49ers-great-jesse-sapolu

Merge please as search feature is down.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/13/7541195/marcus-martin-doing-some-work-with-49ers-great-jesse-sapolu

Merge please as search feature is down.

Jesse show him how its done!!!

This is all kinds of awesome. Martin has a lot of potential, he looked overwhelmed at times this season but that was to be expected as he was pretty raw coming out of the draft. I expect great things from him in the future, either at center or guard.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Good for this dude.
Very hopeful about this development!

There are so many ex-49er greats around that the Team should lean on (if they are willing) to help develop the youngsters.
[ Edited by socal9er42 on Jan 13, 2015 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by socal9er42:

There are so many ex-49er greats around that the Team should lean on (if they are willing) to help develop the youngsters.

you would think they would do that right?
If i was niners ownership any all time niner that wanted to be around the team and help out you guys come on in and give pointers. you guys come in and coach. ill pay you 50k under the table if you're hurting for money or something.

why isn't Jerry rice planted with the wr's in the off season on unofficial stuff?
Young?
Bubba?
Ed?
Brent?
Craig?
just seems to make some sense.
Sapolu was an all time great for me.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
This kid gets it!

Thank you Marcus / Jesse!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Solari out and Sapolu in
I remember Jesse being a ROCK SOLID 49er LEADER as a Center and as a GUARD for a Very very Long time. If Marcus Martin is 50% of Jesse Sapolu then Martin will be plenty good.

Nice to see the kid getting the experience on his own out there. Get ready for next season!
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by socal9er42:

you would think they would do that right?
If i was niners ownership any all time niner that wanted to be around the team and help out you guys come on in and give pointers. you guys come in and coach. ill pay you 50k under the table if you're hurting for money or something.

why isn't Jerry rice planted with the wr's in the off season on unofficial stuff?
Young?
Bubba?
Ed?
Brent?
Craig?
just seems to make some sense.

Jerry Rice has helped out numerous times on different occasions. And I'm pretty sure a lot of these retired veterans are busy with their own lives now. Like Craig and Jones, they're both CEOs of companies I believe.
He's going to be a monster. I like him and Kilgore as our Center and Guard respectively. Now who's going to be the other guard is anyone's guess.
The organization has to/should go out of it's way to create a welcoming environment for former players. Have some alumni days with the current team. A golf tournament would be an easy way to mix the old and new. And it's really exciting for linemen to come back and teach what they learned from the old Marine!
I wasnt born when sapolu was in his prime and he retired before I remember anything but I heard he was a rock solid player for us. But I do remember him announcing the LaMichael James pick.
Share 49ersWebzone