There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*IF* Fangio becomes HC, who do YOU want as OC?

*IF* Fangio becomes HC, who do YOU want as OC?

Well like the question says, who do you think it is? Also if not your guy, who do you think we hire?

Want:Kyle Shanahan
Gut:Kyle Shanahan

I think if Fangio is promoted, this is a perfect opportunity for someone that can take an offense with a lot of talent and if successful, will make them a hot commodity to become HC next season.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Well like the question says, who do you think it is? Also if not your guy, who do you think we hire?

Want:Kyle Shanahan
Gut:Kyle Shanahan

I think if Fangio is promoted, this is a perfect opportunity for someone that can take an offense with a lot of talent and if successful, will make them a hot commodity to become HC next season.

Scott Linehan, Singleminded tried to Hire when he wa HC, but Linehan got spooked.
It doesn't matter because if we get a DC for HC, where we have been three times recently, we will just be recreating the same stupid untenable situation we had with noln, BM and jH. Our HC has to be an OC, and should call his own plays, much like bellichek, Payton, and a couple others. to not have your OC be a HC, just means that you are pusihing the can down the road, when ultimately you have to get an OC for HC, so you don't keep losing any good OC to HC slot elsewhere. Why is that so hard to understand for the Solari crowd, or Fangio crowd. DCs don't win. OCs do.as HCs. Period
Nice thought. But I feel why would he leave them to become an OC. IMO, hee pretty much is one for Dallas?

Does money play a big factor?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It doesn't matter because if we get a DC for HC, where we have been three times recently, we will just be recreating the same stupid untenable situation we had with noln, BM and jH. Our HC has to be an OC, and should call his own plays, much like bellichek, Payton, and a couple others. to not have your OC be a HC, just means that you are pusihing the can down the road, when ultimately you have to get an OC for HC, so you don't keep losing any good OC to HC slot elsewhere. Why is that so hard to understand for the Solari crowd, or Fangio crowd. DCs don't win. OCs do.as HCs. Period

Belichick's background (pre NE) is primarily focused on the defensive side of the ball.

That being said, I would prefer an offensive coach for this particular team and would be underwhelmed with a Fangio hire.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It doesn't matter because if we get a DC for HC, where we have been three times recently, we will just be recreating the same stupid untenable situation we had with noln, BM and jH. Our HC has to be an OC, and should call his own plays, much like bellichek, Payton, and a couple others. to not have your OC be a HC, just means that you are pusihing the can down the road, when ultimately you have to get an OC for HC, so you don't keep losing any good OC to HC slot elsewhere. Why is that so hard to understand for the Solari crowd, or Fangio crowd. DCs don't win. OCs do.as HCs. Period

I understand where youre coming from and I agree. BUT, AT THIS POINT, if an OC turns this offense around to the point we can get a shot at the Super Bowl by improving it to say, top 10-12 or so, then eff it because we cant get too picky. PLUS,we can always fire Fangio in a season or two IF he turns out to be a cruddy HC and promote the OC to HC lol.
Continue to strengthen this top 5 defense, with the massive talent we will continue to add into the mix, along with further continuity, is not something to be taken for granted if you think about it.

I dont care if Justin Smith retires, wed get to use that 6 million or so elsewhere if thats the case for his replacement or use on a proven deep threat.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jan 9, 2015 at 8:43 PM ]
Adam Gase when he becomes HC. Why should we settle for a second rate OC when we can have the best. If Fangio doesn't still want to be one of the highest payed coordinator with a stack defensive team then give the job to Donatell or Tomsula.
Originally posted by Robj49er:
Adam Gase when he becomes HC. Why should we settle for a second rate OC when we can have the best. If Fangio doesn't still want to be one of the highest payed coordinator with a stack defensive team then give the job to Donatell or Tomsula.

man.. you with guys keep hyping up Gase...it going to be hard not to want excellence on every play
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Robj49er:
Adam Gase when he becomes HC. Why should we settle for a second rate OC when we can have the best. If Fangio doesn't still want to be one of the highest payed coordinator with a stack defensive team then give the job to Donatell or Tomsula.

man.. you with guys keep hyping up Gase...it going to be hard not to want excellence on every play

I wonder how much of his success is due to Peyton Manning.

Also whats the issue with Fangio as HC? He is a great DC, and deserves a shot at being a HC, better idea than frigging Tomsula, who maybe had a good run in NFL Europa, but c'mon, that's like minor league football back then.

I swear if Tomsula is the DC I will frigging yell at my TV, he isn't the man for the DC spot, that's either Fangio(If he isn't HC) or Donatell, who deserves a shot at a DC spot.
Whoever is the QB coach in gb. He can bring Mccarthys version of the WCO with him.

My gut tells me whoever is the QB coach for indy. Doesn't that coach has roots with Harbaugh and stanford?
I would be fine with one of these three candidates:

1) Trestman - similar system of calling plays to Harbaugh (giving Kap as faster turn around in learning terminology)

2) Chudzinski - had success with Newton in Carolina and like Trestman, successfull OC's who failed as head coaches and probably won't be looked as head coach candidates like Shanahan any time soon and hopefully give our team some continuity for the future

3) Shanahan - seems to be able to adapt systems around talent he has and put players in positions to succeed

My concerns with Shanahan and Linehan are they are too concerned in taking the next step to be a head coach and would not give us a chance to have continuity for future success
Seeing that list makes me depressed. Chud if I had to choose
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Robj49er:
Adam Gase when he becomes HC. Why should we settle for a second rate OC when we can have the best. If Fangio doesn't still want to be one of the highest payed coordinator with a stack defensive team then give the job to Donatell or Tomsula.

man.. you with guys keep hyping up Gase...it going to be hard not to want excellence on every play

I wonder how much of his success is due to Peyton Manning.

Also whats the issue with Fangio as HC? He is a great DC, and deserves a shot at being a HC, better idea than frigging Tomsula, who maybe had a good run in NFL Europa, but c'mon, that's like minor league football back then.

I swear if Tomsula is the DC I will frigging yell at my TV, he isn't the man for the DC spot, that's either Fangio(If he isn't HC) or Donatell, who deserves a shot at a DC spot.

Why don't you ask the rest of the NFL over 20 year and never been a HC. None of the teams with openings want him as HC, Great DC but HC. You think they know something we don't. I never could understand that argument about OC's with HOF QB's like Manning and Brady. I know Green Bay was glad they didn't listen to it when they hired Mike Holmgren. I quess we should find the team with the worst offense and QB and see if their OC can be our HC or OC.
Shan-wow for OC.