There are 177 users in the forums

Fixing the lack of Noise at the stadium

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
How about we start by putting a winning product on the field first? Secondly I could care less about the noise, a good football team will win games with or without noise.

You sir have no clue......
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
Originally posted by bayareafanatic1:
I may have offended some with this shirt I had printed up. I gave two of them away to other guys in our section that actually make noise. For the most part, people got a kick out of it. Had a half a dozen people take pictures of it : )

DUDE! Make flyers and I'll pass them out to EVERYONE. (prob get kicked out for being "hostile")

Omg pleeeease do, it jus may win us an extra game

While you're at it print your idea on the back they'll be left around the stadium and hopefully word gets to the front office
[ Edited by Since07 on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by spraked:
I think what the stadium needs is some cheep seat area. This is where the rowdy people go and there noise spreads. The Cards have the RED ZONE, raiders have the BLACK HOLE, Seattle has the area on the north side ( i do not know if it has a name), and so on. The team needs to develop a section/area to be where the rowdy fans should go and their enthusiasm will build of each other and spread to the rest of the stadium.

So I think we need an area called something like "The mine" or "The Gold Mine".

I think this well also help with the "not safe for family" stigma. The rowdy people know where to go to be with rowdy people and not next to the 10 yr olds. Families know where not to bring young children. People that are coming in behind enemy lines know what they are getting in to if they sit there.

What's the definition of a gold mine?

A hole in the ground with a liar in it.

Mark Twain
People need to realize that they're at a football game and not a library. If they want to watch quietly then watch the game at home. We need all the real rowdy fans at Levi's!
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:40 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
People need to realize that they're at a football game and not a library. If they want to watch quietly then watch the game at home. We need all the real rowdy fans at Levi's!

Great quote..... Wonder who penned it : ) I will say that maybe the more PC term would be, " we need all the passionate fans at the Levi ".
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

What game was this? Geez I hope it wasn't the eagles vs niner game. I attended that one and it did seem pretty empty
This year was not a good indication of where the stadium noise will be at. The offense gave the fans nothing, and i mean nothing, to be happy about and cheer. Toward the middle to end of the season, people just began to give up.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
This year was not a good indication of where the stadium noise will be at. The offense gave the fans nothing, and i mean nothing, to be happy about and cheer. Toward the middle to end of the season, people just began to give up.

People didn't give up. They never got started. This crowd was a fabricated fan base that for the most part had ZERO stadium experience. That is because the Yorks priced out their long time season ticket holders.

Niner no offense but your post is exactly what is wrong with our stadium fan base. You have a, " What have you done for me " attitude. Our team needs us. You think that Seattle won 18 in a row at home by accident? Or the Saints won 19 in a row by accident? Home crowds help their team by generating noise to throw the opposing offense off. To generate false starts. Or to force use of time outs.

We should all take a lesson from the Raider fans. Yes I said Raider fans. They are ten times more loyal and passionate than fans like..... YOU. They were 1-11 when they faced us this year and based on their crowd support, you would have thought they were in the NFC Championship game.....
[ Edited by bayareafanatic1 on Jan 9, 2015 at 10:27 AM ]

You're killin me! REALLY? I happen to be brown and bald (bald not by choice). I haven't missed a home game in 10 years. You must NOT be one of the people that were happy that us "gangbangers" got priced out of Levi, right? A few years ago when Oakland came to town and all the Oakland gb's started talking and pissing off the Frisco gb's, all hell broke loose and we're all clumped into one by the chardonnay sippers. A few dbags from a little town outside of Fresno this year sealed it.
My point is, the FO wanted this so only option is to sit and take it. I can't say nothing anymore, I guess I look to menacing. So I leave it to you plain looking people to please do something. Because now it doesn't matter if you look like a gb'r or not. It's a threat, so watch your back
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:

You're killin me! REALLY? I happen to be brown and bald (bald not by choice). I haven't missed a home game in 10 years. You must NOT be one of the people that were happy that us "gangbangers" got priced out of Levi, right? A few years ago when Oakland came to town and all the Oakland gb's started talking and pissing off the Frisco gb's, all hell broke loose and we're all clumped into one by the chardonnay sippers. A few dbags from a little town outside of Fresno this year sealed it.
My point is, the FO wanted this so only option is to sit and take it. I can't say nothing anymore, I guess I look to menacing. So I leave it to you plain looking people to please do something. Because now it doesn't matter if you look like a gb'r or not. It's a threat, so watch your back

I don't judge people by their looks. If you bleed red and gold and you're not a douche bag, I'll have a beer and watch the game with you anytime partner.

When half time is winding down all the TV's by the concession stands all around the stadium should blink the words GO BACK TO YOUR SEATS NOW!!! Fans at the game will get involved and start giving the tech yuppies guff for not going to their seats right away. WHY ARE THEY EVEN LEAVING THEIR SEATS!?!? They can have food delivered to them for God sakes!!!! Real fans need to start patrolling this at the games. Get involved and inform the yuppie fans in a calm way that they need to get back to their seats ASAP!!!

Also don't have a killer half time show with star musical guests or contests. People sit in their seats for that then leave during the 3Q for the game. Sounds stupid but it's a reality.

Fix the sun and some of the noise problem in one swoop. Build an overhang over the stadium that shades the fans AND has the noise travel back down to the field.

Give prizes away for loudest section. A contest of some sort. Or have a celebrity like Terry Crews or an old niner like Ronnie Lott talk smack to the fans on the jumbo ton about not being loud enough and to start yelling.

I love the GOLD MINE cheap seats idea but not sure how that would work with the already psl's.

And also having so much internet access is a bad thing. Gives more people more reason to tune out to their surroundings. Just like going to a restaurant, etc.

This is embarrassing that we have to have a thread like this
trade our fans for seahawk fans
Instead of crowd noise, why don't we all just throw batteries at the opponents sideline? Really get them off their game.

Seriously though, crowd noise would be a huge boost to the team but it ain't gonna happen. All of the die hard fans are left in the parking lot come kickoff.
Originally posted by InTherapySinceDonahu:
When half time is winding down all the TV's by the concession stands all around the stadium should blink the words GO BACK TO YOUR SEATS NOW!!! Fans at the game will get involved and start giving the tech yuppies guff for not going to their seats right away. WHY ARE THEY EVEN LEAVING THEIR SEATS!?!? They can have food delivered to them for God sakes!!!! Real fans need to start patrolling this at the games. Get involved and inform the yuppie fans in a calm way that they need to get back to their seats ASAP!!!

Also don't have a killer half time show with star musical guests or contests. People sit in their seats for that then leave during the 3Q for the game. Sounds stupid but it's a reality.

Fix the sun and some of the noise problem in one swoop. Build an overhang over the stadium that shades the fans AND has the noise travel back down to the field.

Give prizes away for loudest section. A contest of some sort. Or have a celebrity like Terry Crews or an old niner like Ronnie Lott talk smack to the fans on the jumbo ton about not being loud enough and to start yelling.

I love the GOLD MINE cheap seats idea but not sure how that would work with the already psl's.

And also having so much internet access is a bad thing. Gives more people more reason to tune out to their surroundings. Just like going to a restaurant, etc.

This is embarrassing that we have to have a thread like this

DEFINITELY embarrassing. But I have to disagree with almost all your suggestions. The gimmicks won't work because there is no soul behind them. It wasn't named the Black Hole and then people filled it. It was full of people then it got its name. Nicknames are earned and given not chosen.
OP Did you go to the Thanksgiving day game ? what did you think of the loudness that night ?

also i believe there are hot links sold in the smaller stands near the aisle entrance to the field levels, I sit in sec 128 and im almost 100% that i pass by a stand that sells links
Share 49ersWebzone