There are 221 users in the forums

Fixing the lack of Noise at the stadium

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok,
we had a full year to assess the "home field" at Levi this year. I am still baffled by the fact that you can't get a hot link at the stadium. I'll save that rant for another post.
This rant is about the Noise level of the home crowd at the stadium. It was sub par, it was embarrassing. You know it and I know it. THE 49ERS front office and the players on the field know it. Instead of complaining about it, I've decided to put on my marketing hat in attempts to help the team solve the issue.

I sit in section 109. My fellow fans in that section must dislike me. I am constantly turning around in attempts to get fans involved in the game from a noise perspective. I chastise fans for being too " wine and cheese". Right around the 3rd game, I took my 20 oz. empty soda cup, I took my car key and I carved the bottom part of the cup out. For the rest of the game, I used that as a sound cone to yell through. Fast forward to the Charger game. I took a look around during the 2nd quarter and noticed 7 people in my section "borrowed" my sound cone idea. My son is the one that pointed it out. He said, " dad, they stole your idea ". The lightbulb went off.....

My idea is for the 49ers to sell a cup with a bit more of a cone shape than the existing cup. The bottom should be perforated, with two little pop out handles on it.
( Like coffee cup handles ) . On the side of the cup on both sides in big letters, it should read, "NINER NOISE". This way, when the sound video personnel need more noise, then can illustrate someone on the large video screen yelling through the cone. And they can call out for NINER NOISE to urge the crowd on.

Too many benefits to list.
1. Gets the crowd more involved in having fun and supporting the team.
2. Helps sell more soda. ( Jed will love this )
3.Could potentially be free if they allow a corporate sponsor added to the Noise cone.

Feedback?
[ Edited by bayareafanatic1 on Jan 9, 2015 at 8:23 AM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
What the...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Pump in sound like Seattle
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Buahahahaha...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i don't care how many cones you have. when NO ONE is in their fkn seat, it's not gonna make a difference.

Maybe build a canopy lol. I don't like the idea because I think the stadium is beautiful, but it would help with sun/noise problems some what. The sun is only a problem for the first Few weeks, and noise can be fixed with a smart fan base.
i don't care how many cones you have. when NO ONE is in their fkn seat, it's not gonna make a difference.

While I agree with you, the issue was still there during night games.....
  • THEB
  • Veteran
People posting pictures like 30 seconds into the second half and claiming the seats are empty are f**king stupid. Of course theyre empty because its the beginning of the 3rd and people are still in lines for bathroom/concession.

Lets face it, our fanbase will never be loud. I got yelled at at candlestick for standing up. Its pathetic, and its the atmosphere that Jed created. Thank you Jed you POS.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bayareafanatic1:

i know. which makes it 1000X worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuvuzela
Originally posted by bayareafanatic1:

i know. which makes it 1000X worse.

That's why I'm proposing the Niner Noise sound cone idea. You guys are just biatching about the core issue which we all agree is the issue. So to my original request, what do you think about the sound cone cup idea? If you don't like it, what would you do if you were part of the marketing team and had to create an idea to increase noise from the fans?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuvuzela

Theyre illegal in the NFL
pretty cool idea
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Share 49ersWebzone