There are 206 users in the forums

Vernon Davis what is he worth?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Every mock draft I see got him being traded for a 5 round pick. I feel the same way.. He is 31 years old,he had his worst season ever, he is not a 4.38 anymore. a big part of his game is speed but as you get older you get slower. I saw alote of drop balls, body catches, ok blocking.. So I say a 5 round pick and he only got 1 more year with us and I don't see us given him a new contract so what u think?
I'd be happy with a 5th rounder for him. You'd think some team would take a shot though.
DO NOT TRADE
Tony Gonzalez netted a 2nd round pick back in 2009. Was 33 years old and hadn't showed signs of slowing down.

Vernon is 31, way more reliant on speed/athleticism, and coming off a putrid season. He's probably worth a 4th-5th rd pick at most.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 7, 2015 at 4:56 PM ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners418:
I'd be happy with a 5th rounder for him. You'd think some team would take a shot though.

So would I, but it would to suck to see him on another team.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
DO NOT TRADE

close thread
About tree fitty.

He's worth more staying on the 49ers and hopefully recovering from his injuries and other assorted malaise than they would be able to get back in any trade.

Say they hire a guy like Kubiak who really likes to use his TE's, keeping VD would be essential IMO.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 7, 2015 at 5:05 PM ]
One Jamba juice franchise.
Vernon should BE A 49er. Granted he did piss me off all 2014 but I know & feel he still has a couple good years Left. I really feel he was dealing with that Ankle Sprain and the Harbaugh Roman misusing him. If I was 49ers, I would keep him for Shanny/Kubiak offense and use him ala Shannon Sharpe and Kick Butt once more.
We should give him a chance. He still has speed and he has been a great niner. We just need him to get that fire back and maybe new coaches can do so.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We should give him a chance. He still has speed and he has been a great niner. We just need him to get that fire back and maybe new coaches can do so.

Agree. He's too much of a talent to not give him another year.
No fricken way... He had one bad year, battled injuries all season, and his position coach was Mangini. He'll be back to his old self next season. No trade!
Originally posted by Niners418:

Hell yea
As much as he pissed us all off last year, still gotta give him love for the greatest moment in recent Niner history:

I can't believe how short term of memory people have on here. Vernon just had a 13 touchdown season in 2013. Now let's think about this logically....

Did Vernon all of the sudden just fall of the map and now he completely sucks and has lost his ability?

Or was his off year due to injuries, a pathetic offense, poor quarterback play, terrible offensive coordinator, and complete lack of targets?

People that think he suddenly sucks are extremely ignorant. And he's lost his speed? Um no. He is one of those physical specimens in the mold of a Terrell Owens that is a workout warrior and his athleticism will decline later than the normal athlete. If anything when healthy, he's faster than the 4.38 he ran at the combine. He's about 15 pounds lighter than he was then.

It's obvious his off year was due to a combination of factors such as injuries and the complete ineptitude of the coordinator, offensive line, and quarterback. You're not going to put up any numbers with a f**ked up back, a coordinator that doesn't call plays for you, and a quarterback that was consistently off target throwing your way.

I know he still has it because of that long ass touchdown catch against San Diego that was called back..
Share 49ersWebzone