There are 245 users in the forums

Do we need a Head of Football Operations?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With all this "Jed sucks" talk, I was thinking that maybe we should move in the direction of other franchises and get a football minded person above Baalke/ New HC.

The biggest reason to go this way out side of the Jed sucks argument, is that if there was a rift between Trent and Jim then this person would be the guy to get it under control. This method has been a great success for other teams like the Broncos and has had some success for the Dolphins.

Or is this a meaningless layer that just is there to put a name on a door and make fans feel better.

So I guess this is a Two fold question.

1) should we have a Head of Football Operations and why?

2) If so who would be the person you would like to see?

For me I think we should have this in place. I believe it would be a vital role that if done right could really calm the waters and keep things moving in the right direction when coaching/gm changes happen.

As for the person to do this, I have no idea. It is hard to say something like Joe Montana has I have no idea if we would be good. Eddie would make the zone happy for a time and is qualified in the been there done that side. We could go with someone really on the outside as well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i think we had to many cooks in the stew last year but thats just me
We need someone to pull the owner's and GM's heads out of their asses?

Yes, it would be helpful.

I nominate Jeff Garcia.

[ Edited by theninermaniac on Jan 7, 2015 at 10:45 AM ]
It would give posters someone else to whinge about, so why not? I nominate Steve Young or Greg Roman
Originally posted by English:
It would give posters someone else to whinge about, so why not? I nominate Steve Young or Greg Roman

If it's just someone to be a target of abuse, Kyle Williams is a good pick, or AJ Jenkins or Rashaun Woods.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

subtle personal attack on romper room
Originally posted by swayze:
If it's just someone to be a target of abuse, Kyle Williams is a good pick, or AJ Jenkins or Rashaun Woods.

You talking Head Coach Rashaun Woods? http://newsok.com/former-oklahoma-state-star-rashaun-woods-builds-an-all-star-staff-at-john-marshall/article/5338865
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by swayze:

You talking Head Coach Rashaun Woods? http://newsok.com/former-oklahoma-state-star-rashaun-woods-builds-an-all-star-staff-at-john-marshall/article/5338865

I guess he got tired of fishing
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Does a bear s**t in the woods and wipe his ass with a fluffy white rabbit.

and one more thread you will lock

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Tom Gamble
i nominate 9moon
If we did get some one like this how long would it be before the silver spoon brat throws a tantrum or has a disagreement and fires this person.?
Originally posted by 16to87:

and one more thread you will lock

It's good exercise
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
qbguru needs a job, he would take no prisoners
Share 49ersWebzone