There are 153 users in the forums

Which Direction should the team go

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Direction should the team go

• bors
  • Veteran
forward on First down
THAT IS THE TRUTH BROTHER

How many times my Niner brothers, have we watched the game and our offense is going backwards.

EARLY ON it was penalties.

In the middle of the season it was Colin. Colin is pretty good with interceptions except for Seattle and he's also a fumbling machine at times, he carries the ball like a loaf of bread aka Wendell Tyler style. He also takes some bad sacks.

THE LINE - Terrible this year, NO COHESION, and without Anthony Davis the run game was CRAPOLA! Iupati had problems, Boone had problems, Martin, Looney had problems.

The playcalling - It's gotta be Jim Harbaugh and Roman with the offense. You think with 12 offensive coaches they would get it right.

How many times was it third and long and the other teams were licking their chops because they knew we would run long developing plays and somehow get no pass protection. WE COULDNT EVEN GET A RUSH ON ARIZONA in the last game of the year and they got a third string qb in.

I did not like the playcalling of Roman. At times he made some great calls. But his offense didn't have a flow. He seemed to get away from stuff that was working and abandon the run.

Fourth Quarter touchdowns were NON EXISTENT, how is that possible.

Did the offense regress this year? YES.
It was a combination of all of these things.

Did Harbaugh deserve to go? No, I would have kept him and tried to figure it out because he deserved that. But he chose to leave. And the offense where he is fully in charge of.

So this move is a blessing in disguise. NOW CAN THEY GET IT RIGHT?

Jed York has handled this so badly. They leaked the harbaugh info throughout the year. Jed thinks he's a friggin genius. But hopefully Baalke can get it right and Jed can stay away.

This is what I do with the 49ers.

Kick out most of the offensive staff.

Bring in Mike Shanahan. We need an offensive coach to turn the team around. Keep the team as a running team, even the great walsh teams ran the ball and we got the team built around the run.

If they don't bring in Shanahan, maybe Josh McDaniel or Pep hamilton, or Adam Gase. Pep probably isn't ready to head coach.

The defense is great. Keep Fan-genious. Hopefully with all of the guys coming back, the D will get at an even higher level.

Ray McDonald is gone.
Justin Smith might be gone. Probably gone unless they get a great head coach. Either way, we need to pick up a DL in the draft or as a free agent.
Share 49ersWebzone