LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 330 users in the forums

Which Direction should the team go

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Direction should the team go

With the team still having a respectable defense and a lacking offense but with good potential pieces. Whats y'all opinion on the focus of where the team should head? Going with either/or for Baalke would effect how he drafts/free agency and possible the coach he chooses.

Our defense is still strong and still in wait for some of our best players to return next season but its not as shut out as it once was. and of course our Offense is lacking the ability to put up points of course.

So with the direction that the team will choose will more than likely be put on display with our first pick. Going with a guy like Shelton, Thompson, Ike of course shows we are going in Defense but with White, Parker, DGB our offense will flourish and open it up depending on our new coach.

You can't have the best of both worlds so it would be either for an Elite Offense and respectable Defense or Respectable Offense and Elite Defense
25ppg and a top 5 D is
in the right direction
Up.
Back to the superbowl, and win.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Forward.
You need a great D to win the Super Bowl. And you need a pretty good offense that does not turn the ball over as well. There are some exceptions, but I don't think you need a great (and by great I mean top 10) offense. The niners had the 12th ranked offense the year they went to the super bowl, and if the D had played to the level of 2011 or 2013 we would have stomped the Ravens. But back to the original point, here the last 10 years of super bowl winners and their defensive and offensive rankings that year

For example

2013 Seahawks (no. 18 offense no. 1 defense)
2012 Ravens (no. 16 offense no. 17 defense)
2011 Giants (no. 9 offense no. 27 defense)
2010 Packers (no. 9 offense no. 5 defense)
2009 Saints (no. 1 offense no. 25 defense)
2008 Steelers (no. 22 offense no. 1 defense)
2007 Giants ( no.16 offense no. 7 defense)
2006 Colts (no. 3 offense no. 21 defense)
2005 Steelers (no. 15 offense no. 4 defense)
2004 Patriots (no. 4 offense no. 9 defense)
2003 Patriots (no. 17 offense no. 7 defense)

The conclusion here to me is that unless your qb is named Drew Brees or Peyton Manning, your quarterback magically becomes drew brees or peyton manning (see 2012 ravens), or your defense finally wakes up in the playoffs (see 2011 giants), then you better have a top 10 defense going into the playoffs if you're hoping to win a super bowl. To me it's the only way to not only win a super bowl but maintain long term success. With that said, you are going to need some kind of balance, unless you have the greatest defense of all time you won't win the big one without some semblence of an offense. But with that said. mistake free offense and solid defense will always be the hardest to solve.

No. 1 offense (no.19 D) vs no. 1 defense (no. 18 O) face each other in the Super Bowl. The outcome:

43-8 Seahawks. Wilson threw for 206 yards. Marshawn Lynch rushed for 38 yards.
Originally posted by English:
Up.

This. Thread over.
North. Back to San Francisco.
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Up.

This. Thread over.

Amen

Really could careless as long as they winning.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Draft a ton of offense and fill defensive needs late in draft and via FA. We have a lot of injured players and draft picks coming back on defense. Draft WR, TE, RB, OL
Originally posted by Allx9er:
25ppg and a top 5 D is

This
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
in the right direction

Up.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Forward.

these
One direction. And I mean that literally as well. Everyone on the same page. Sick and tired of all the undermining he said she said bs. I'm tired of the 49ers being the drama queen organization of the nfl and I'm tired of all the faithful being divided as to who's at fault for this or for that.
Share 49ersWebzone