LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Best ever ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by crabman82:
joe the jet perry says hi

He did have 66 fumbles.

he also has a yellow jacket. something none of the other guys being debated dont.
Orenthal.
brandon jacobs, his name does not deserve proper capitalization
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Actually, you guys are picking the younger 49er players.

The best were JOE PERRY, HUGH McELHENNY, JOHN HENRY JOHNSON.

Joe Perry was the same height and weight as Gore, but was faster off the ball. In fact he got the nickname "The Jet" from QB FRANKIE ALBERT, because he said Joe was at full speed when he took the handoff. Joe was from Compton and came to the Niners with the nickname, "The Compton Comet".

I was fortunate enough to get to meet Joe and Ollie Matson at Lincoln Park Golf Course when I was a kid and played with them about a dozen times. I was like a kid in a candy store talking and laughing with two of my greatest football heroes. Never forget it.

ya gramps, you tell'em whos boss!

This doe!
Originally posted by wailers15:
Lol i had this discussion with my pops. I'm 37 he's 62. He schooled me him and grandps. I said Frank Gore & Craig in my opinion from what I have seen, but they said Joe Perry hands down was the best.
They said if the NFL/niners counted stats prior to the merger Perry would be the niners all time rushing leader.
Hmmm so after doing some looking into, damn they're right.
First RB to hit consecutive 1,000 yd seasons?
11,744 Combined yds add 1,784 from the AAFC yrs ..well yeah he is a stud

prior to the merger they didnt know the ball could be thrown

prior to the merger, most television sets in houses were black and white and "computers" didnt have the calculating power of a flip phone

prior to the merger, football was s**t and nothing counts. it's a different game that they play.
Share 49ersWebzone