There are 222 users in the forums

Best ever ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok I'm 29 yrs old and had this debate with my father who is 54 yrs old.. I said to him Frank Gore is the best running back ever to be on SF..he agreed but also reminisced about Roger Craig..i was very young then..so I can only go on numbers and tape with him..I also said Ricky Watters was great..as for Garrison Hearst tho we didn't draft him..and I think we would have win the Super Bowl if he never got hurt against Atl.. But what do you all think..also Gore for years had no help.. Imagine if he had the offenses other 49er Rbs had.. Also unsure if there is a thread on this..if so my bad..but if not opinions please..thanks..
Super Bowl era 49ers

1. Frank Gore
2. Roger Craig
3. Ricky Watters
4. Garrison Hearst

Craig and Gore are close, but Gore has been too consistant not to get the top spot.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Super Bowl era 49ers

1. Frank Gore
2. Roger Craig
3. Ricky Watters
4. Garrison Hearst

Craig and Gore are close, but Gore has been too consistant not to get the top spot.

I agree completely..kind of amazing SF has had 6 set rbs for say 30 yrs.. If you can and do include Charlie garner and Kevin Barlow..other franchises went thru so many more..guess that's where like you said consistency and great play happens..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Jan 3, 2015 at 5:07 AM ]
  • CMIO
Craig was both a receiving and running threat, but yeah he had Montana and that passing offense.

Gore is the only RB I can recall that has carried the team on his shoulder. All the other greats were part of decent rosters.

1) Gore
2) Craig
3) Hearst
4) Watters
Kevan Barlow? Someone mentioned Barlow in this thread?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Craig was awesome too, but Gore is BAE
Originally posted by English:
Kevan Barlow? Someone mentioned Barlow in this thread?

Just saying starters at time..how we had maybe 6 in 3 decades...i kno he wasn't so good but he did start for us..in no way is he even top 15 but if you actually read what I was saying is he was part of our starters..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Jan 3, 2015 at 6:49 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
do u guys even Dexter Carter, Derick Lovelle or Amp Lee?
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Jan 3, 2015 at 6:44 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I am shocked that you can't even spell Deadly Derek Loville's name correctly. Are our hero's forgotten so quickly?

I am shocked that you can't even spell Deadly Derek Loville's name correctly. Are our hero's forgotten so quickly?

Lol yeah they belong in the same breathe as mr Barlow..

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I remember really liking Marc Logan.

No mention of Phillips ?
Lol i had this discussion with my pops. I'm 37 he's 62. He schooled me him and grandps. I said Frank Gore & Craig in my opinion from what I have seen, but they said Joe Perry hands down was the best.
They said if the NFL/niners counted stats prior to the merger Perry would be the niners all time rushing leader.
Hmmm so after doing some looking into, damn they're right.
First RB to hit consecutive 1,000 yd seasons?
11,744 Combined yds add 1,784 from the AAFC yrs ..well yeah he is a stud
I remember really liking Marc Logan.

I couldn't stand Mark Logan when I was a young kid. He was extremely stiff and slow. He was descent because of the system, nothing more
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Lol yeah they belong in the same breathe as mr Barlow..
I think Barlow had a good year or two, those other guys never did anything.
Share 49ersWebzone