LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

49ers first down chant

Shop Find 49ers gear online
don't matter if it's the least of the worries, it's a dumb gesture.
[ Edited by NinerDreamer11 on Jan 2, 2015 at 2:25 PM ]
There shouldn't be a single sound when the offense in up the the LOS. Scream like bloody thirsty barbarians when when we score, however.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by 49ersPrincipality:
The fog horn??? Are you kidding me! The 49ers stadium isn't the circus and the bozo the clown doesn't come down to blow his horn....
The 300 chant is epic! It's testosterone driven, that seems to get the crowd way into it, and even hypes up Niners fans at the sports bars. The 300 chant should be our identity!!! Frank Gore first down... A-ohhh! A-ohhh! A-ohhh!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, clearly you don't understand the use of the Fog Horn and why it's being used.

the 300 Chant is a JOKE! We are 49ERS! not SPARTANS! They need to know the difference

Clearly I don't know the use of the fog horn? Ahh yes I do, it's for the circus and elephants. Football is a warrior sport, that's a fact. The fog horn is a serious joke. We aren't Bliny's fun club
How about everyone brings a miners pick and a mule.

Would that be a problem?
I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about before or maybe it's just me.

But I really don't like the AHHH OOOO AHHHH OOOOO AHHHH OOOOO.

How is that the 49er way?

Were not the 300 Spartans here, I just feel like it's a sell out type of deal. it just doesn't make sense to me.

Now the Fog Horn I can agree with, that's actually cool.

When I go to the game, I don't even yell it, it's stupid. It's not us.

It's like they had to find something for us once we became "Main Stream" top team in the NFL, But it doesn't work IMO.

the combination of the new stadium, the first down chant, the firing of Harbaugh, All things that I'm not proud of for this team.

I feel like we've become the new Dallas Stadium, just there for tourists and business ppl. If I could go back to the Stick I would.

Jed needs to fire who ever there marketing person is, this 300 Spartan rant has to go!

Most of the crowd participates, therefor, nobody cares if YOU like it or not. That's the reality of it.
Originally posted by trooper49:
It's a joke. Fans should just do what's spontaneous and natural. We don't need any artificial help. Come on now, it's light weight!

We don't need artificial help? Really? Have you ever been to a game? Our fans are terrible and provide no homefield advantage whatsoever. We DO need artificial help. Sad but true.
Originally posted by Empire49:
It's a joke. Fans should just do what's spontaneous and natural. We don't need any artificial help. Come on now, it's light weight!

We don't need artificial help? Really? Have you ever been to a game? Our fans are terrible and provide no homefield advantage whatsoever. We DO need artificial help. Sad but true.

its better then cheering first down...and when we were in the SB...it was the only chant we had game wise
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Empire49:

That is sad. I hate gimmicks, though. If it isn't raw emotion it doesn't really work anyway.

Only Candlestick. I haven't been to Levi.

Maybe we should just have complete silence. We will have the first stadium where talking is not allowed. Where everybody just holds up a card that says "Yay"
The fog horn??? Are you kidding me! The 49ers stadium isn't the circus and the bozo the clown doesn't come down to blow his horn....
The 300 chant is epic! It's testosterone driven, that seems to get the crowd way into it, and even hypes up Niners fans at the sports bars. The 300 chant should be our identity!!! Frank Gore first down... A-ohhh! A-ohhh! A-ohhh!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, clearly you don't understand the use of the Fog Horn and why it's being used.

the 300 Chant is a JOKE! We are 49ERS! not SPARTANS! They need to know the difference

Clearly I don't know the use of the fog horn? Ahh yes I do, it's for the circus and elephants. Football is a warrior sport, that's a fact. The fog horn is a serious joke. We aren't Bliny's fun club

Yeah, clearly you don't.

http://www.thebolditalic.com/articles/4183-everything-you-wanna-know-about-san-franciscos-foghorns

It's a part of the city's identity... you know... the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers? Do you really have no clue regarding this?

I think the chant started with the home opener vs the Lions in 2012. I think it's another f*cking stupid ploy to give fans a sense of belonging. Just like nick names for fan bases.

Our fans understanding when to make noise and when to be quiet would be much nicer. The first down chant ends up getting fans riled up and loud while the 49ers are on offense

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Yeah, clearly you don't.

http://www.thebolditalic.com/articles/4183-everything-you-wanna-know-about-san-franciscos-foghorns

It's a part of the city's identity... you know... the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers? Do you really have no clue regarding this?

Thank you!! Remember the Red Fog during games? San Francisco fog horns. at least that makes sense.

It's the 49ers Red Fog! that's why we have the Horn.

Makes a lot more sense than 300 Reference.

Clearly the guy is bandwagon since he doesn't even have any red bars for posts.
lets put up a 12th man flag up
Originally posted by rxrunner:
lets put up a 12th man flag up

And proceed to plaster it everywhere around the city, stadium, and everywhere 49er fans go
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I think the chant started with the home opener vs the Lions in 2012. I think it's another f*cking stupid ploy to give fans a sense of belonging. Just like nick names for fan bases.

Our fans understanding when to make noise and when to be quiet would be much nicer. The first down chant ends up getting fans riled up and loud while the 49ers are on offense

every NFL team has their thing..its not stupid at all
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

every NFL team has their thing..its not stupid at all

It's the stupidest chant in all of organized football.
Share 49ersWebzone