LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Easy solution to everything (from a Ducks fan)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Head coach: Helfrich (Oregon)

Coordinator: Frost (Oregon)

....Trade #15 AND Kap to Tampa for #1

Qb: Mariota

Keep defensive staff in place.
Provides continuity on both sides of the ball, replaces the Kap experiment...
These guys have been amazing together and we get class acts all the way around
lol a biased newb. does it get any less credible?
Originally posted by mickyd49er:

Kaep >>>>> Mariota

And its not even close.

Troll elsewhere

You guys are funny. I posted on this site 10 years ago under a different name and follow it multiple times everyday. You judge by the little numbers on the page and yet you offer nothing as far as a solution. Mariota much smarter than Kap and whose the better coaching alternatives? Ryan? Shanny? All old retreads.Some guys whose names are being tossed around because of their qbs?
I don't mind Helfrich thow... He obviously knows how to coach up a physical football team... Frost would probably replace Helfrich...

You guys are funny. I posted on this site 10 years ago under a different name and follow it multiple times everyday. You judge by the little numbers on the page and yet you offer nothing as far as a solution. Mariota much smarter than Kap and whose the better coaching alternatives? Ryan? Shanny? All old retreads.Some guys whose names are being tossed around because of their qbs?

i'll play, so lets say you're right, why would tampa do the trade? if he is what you say he is, they'll know that and never consider the trade. i wont comment on the coaches as they probably wont go to the nfl this year, but who knows.
Bwahaha... what a joke.
there should really be a required number of posts or bars in order to create threads
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Shut up
Tampa might make the trade because there is a lot of value in a veteran Qb who has been to three championship games and a super bowl. He is worth a high pick by himself but they also get another first round pick. It's better for us because we would have a Qb who knows the system and is going to be a good player. He is also a guy I can put his jersey on my kids back and be proud. A fresh start. Classy.
Also... aren't you tired of delay penalties? Solved.

Tampa might make the trade because there is a lot of value in a veteran Qb who has been to three championship games and a super bowl. He is worth a high pick by himself but they also get another first round pick. It's better for us because we would have a Qb who knows the system and is going to be a good player. He is also a guy I can put his jersey on my kids back and be proud. A fresh start. Classy.
Also... aren't you tired of delay penalties? Solved.

so take on a qb who you dont get to hand select, take on his new contract (although theres out's in it) instead of the new flavour de jour this draft? it just doesnt make sense. also you'd be parting with a 2nd or 3rd or both to move up that far to #1.
I think Mariota is vastly overrated. Winston is a better qb. If he had a squeaky clean record like choir boy marcus he would be the best qb by a considerable margin. That said, Helfrich does seem like a great coach and I think he is better than Chip. His squads can play D.
Why would they rather take on a rookie? Why wouldn't they want a Qb worth a first round pick and pick #15? Kap is good. I'm just not a fan. It's the continuity of coach, system, and player that really intrigues me. I also don't see any other choices that seem better. Letting Harbaugh go was a mistake and every other option seems more like a joke to me. I also think many of the other names being mentioned bring more problems or would interfere with what we already have.
[ Edited by mickyd49er on Jan 1, 2015 at 9:15 PM ]
Why would they rather take on a rookie? Why wouldn't they want a Qb worth a first round pick and pick #15? Kap is good. I'm just not a fan. It's the continuity of coach, system, and player that really intrigues me. I also don't see any other choices that seem better. Letting Harbaugh go was a mistake and every other option seems more like a joke to me. I also think many of the other names being mentioned bring more problems or would interfere with what we already have.

another thing you're overlooking is your coaches would be hired in january or feb, the draft is in may. the bucs will know your intent to get your guy and jack the price up on you. its not as easy as it seems.

Lock this duplicate thread. lol
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 1, 2015 at 9:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone