There are 226 users in the forums

2015 do we sink or swim

Shop Find 49ers gear online

2015 do we sink or swim

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Well after hearing a couple of guys talking around here, (OP included) i'm leaning more torward wanting Fangio or Rex Ryan as our next head coach. Cause if we do go with an OC they very well may want their own QB. So then we are searching for a new QB and likely losing Fangio (and who knows who else on our defensive staff) Which means we will basically be starting over from scratch.

So IMO, if we hire an offensive coach we will most likely sink. If we hire Fangio or Ryan as HC then i think we can float/doggy paddle at the very least with potential to swim.

That's my fear right now. We hire a offensive coach and let's say if Kap is slow to pick up the offense - that coach will be quick to let the FO know that he's not my QB and it'll be really easy to cut Kap with the contract he signed.

That's why I'll be ok with hiring Rex/Fangio and get a top notch OC who understands that Kap is the future.

If we do hire Rex - I'll laugh even more about Jed's "winning with class" comment though.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jan 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
That's my fear right now. We hire a offensive coach and let's say if Kap is slow to pick up the offense - that coach will be quick to let the FO know that he's not my QB and it'll be really easy to cut Kap with the contract he signed.

That's why I'll be ok with hiring Rex/Fangio and get a top notch OC who understands that Kap is the future.

If we do hire Rex - I'll laugh even more about Jed's "winning with class" comment though.

I will win showing a$$ with Singletary if I had to. I could care less about class at this juncture
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16for6:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by 16for6:
As long as the team buys into the new coach, we win the superbowl.

Hmm. Nothing is that simple but If we get the right HC A we are instant contenders.

I think we're still somewhat stacked, roster-wise, so our "window" isn't quite closed yet.

Assuming our next HC is competent, as seem to be all the candidates, it just comes down to the players buying into the coaching. If they buy in, they'll learn the playbook quickly, execute, and win.

I agree though, that's about as simple as it comes; we still need a deep threat, and our players need to get and stay healthy.

This team was stacked when Sing was HC and now those guys are either gone or 4 years older. Plus a new HC usually is looking for a different type of player to run his brand of football. We better hope Jim is a Cowher/ Dungy and the new guy is a Tomlin, Caldwell, Gruden and can get us at least one Super Bowl with current roster.
Like a rock
Some of the inane comments by some posters are so absurd that it's actually entertaining. I love it when some people will bash other fans for being critical or questioning the front office. Personally, I'd prefer the objective and questioning fans who aren't ready to just "buy in" to whatever garbage York or Baalke want to spew. Wanna know why it's called "drinking the kool-aid"? Google it. And then some posters need to keep that in mind when they shout "GO NINERS!!! NEVER QUESTION ANYONE!! QUESTIONING THE FRONT OFFICE MEANS YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN!!!" Haha. It's absurd.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Jed just killed the golden goose that laid the golden eggs. What do you think is going to happen next?
Originally posted by kray28:
Jed just killed the golden goose that laid the golden eggs. What do you think is going to happen next?

More like silver and bronze eggs, The other Harbaugh, Coughlin and Carroll laid them golden ones.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
More like silver and bronze eggs, The other Harbaugh, Coughlin and Carroll laid them golden ones.

LOL!
  • kray28
  • Veteran

What kind of eggs were laid here prior to Harbaugh's arrival? The kind you like to suck on?
What kind of eggs were laid here prior to Harbaugh's arrival? The kind you like to suck on?

There you go trying to get all personal again. Just let the hero worship go, he aint coming back.

• Kuya
  • Veteran
Swim, we're still really stacked with talent.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

There you go trying to get all personal again. Just let the hero worship go, he aint coming back.

I like how you avoided the question there. The Yorks inherited an aging team in the late 90s, Walsh rebuilt it for them, but they still found a way to dismantle it...then spent a decade losing. FInally they happen upon Harbaugh....and then after a few years of winning, they want to act like winning isn't good enough.

Killing the golden goose is really the best way to describe it. Jed thinks he's got it all figured out.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kuya:

Think long and hard on that one....go position by position. Check to see which players are free agents, or coming off injury, or simply not going to be brought back.

Then ask yourself if the team is really "stacked with talent"..
In this division it's goin to sink we have zero momentum right now
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kuya:

Agree, we still have too many good players. All we need is to replenish the dead wood.
Share 49ersWebzone