LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

Where Are The Faithful ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
The main problem with trading Brooks this season was that the deadline was before Aldon came back, so had we dealt him, and say Aldon did something stupid, we would have been screwed.

I was so ticked at Ahmad for coming in out of shape knowing Aldon would miss time that I would have been willing to risk it with his up and down play in 2014. As far as I was concerned when he came in out of shape and was owed what he is owed in salary I would have taken a 5th just to move him out with the quickness! Now we have to eat whatever we have to once we inevitably release him all in the name a chasing a championship we never caught! And I would say that by keeping Brooks we've screwed ourselves. Thanks Jim, Trent or whomever made that call
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 1, 2015 at 11:05 PM ]
Originally posted by jbeale49:
The Cody Pickett game in the wind vs the Bears! Hahahah! When people talk about low points and it doesn't reference this era it is utterly misguided. Rodeo clown! Can't write that stuff!

Ol' Tim Rattay. He went by Tim Sh*t-Tay in our household! Or do you remember the time Beasley wanted to kick Barlows butt. Barlow was crying that Beasley blocked better for Hearst!
[ Edited by 49erEgg on Jan 1, 2015 at 11:58 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I can tell that a lot of these posts in this thread are from 49ers PR department. Here's another way to view things:

You aren't a true fan if your not pissed after our team let go of one of the best coaches in the league right after one of the best 4 years terms in nfl history!

Should true fans be concerned? I say yes, this is the same family (the York's) that thought it would be a great idea to hire Erikson, Nolan, and Singletary! Jim Harbaugh was an easy hire, this search may bring us a stud coach but it may also bring us a hot Pop Warner coach that no one has heard of, similar to Baalk's drafts. We may get a coach with talent equivalent to the Aldon Smith or Eric Reid picks (which is what we got with JH), but we may also get a coach with the talent of A.J Jenkins or Jimmy Ward and this is what I'm afraid of. I just hope Jed & Baalke aren't trying to outsmart everyone with this next hire the way Baalke has in some of his drafts.

I think it's safe to say you are not a part of the faithful if you are ok with us getting rid of a proven winning coach simply to bring in a yes man that's easier for Jed & Baalke to control.
Just because people don't like what Jed did, doesn't mean they aren't faithful. I have a love-hate relationship with the 49ers, I love my team, but I hate the ownership to no end, doesn't mean I'm any less of a niner faithful as the next guy who trusts Jed.

Great post AB, the PR department seems to be full go on this one. Great to hear from some of the fans who live & breath red & gold. It's ok to be pissed off about this move because it makes no sense!

Thank you....
Originally posted by 49erEgg:
Ol' Tim Rattay. He went by Tim Sh*t-Tay in our household! Or do you remember the time Beasley wanted to kick Barlows butt. Barlow was crying that Beasley blocked better for Hearst!

That kind of dysfunction was buried in those days and we never made it on sports center. Fitting Barlow went to the jets.
Who is Rob schieder and why would i care for him? The "Faithful" have been priced out. I wasn't going to spend 200+ on a ticket for a football game. And that doesn't even cover the cost of parking, eating, and gas. The last game i went to was 2012 vs the dolphins. Oh yea, i was drunk.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I'm always here. Will never leave. Even when I am unhappy I will call it like I see it but Imma be here! If it ain't 49ers it ain't football for me. I truly believe Jed just wants to win it all and I will support him to no end until we get there. I've criticized this team most of last decade in its blunders but I stayed true. I'm never changing

Youre foolish if you support Jed. Hes a spoiled rich kid who felt unrespected by Jim Harbaugh.

Baalke vehemently denied any issues with Harbaugh, Harbaugh did the same. This is all Jed. He values his ego over winning, and he just proved it. He used not winning a SB yet and a down year to justify the move. We all know his "mutual decision" with Harbaugh was BS. Harbaugh said he loved being here and wanted to stay.

How you can support Jed York, or any York after what theyve done to this team since 2000, I have no idea.

It the thing that gets me. I can't support a York. The family screwed up, starting with Eddie D. He never should of done illegal s**t, so he would still be the owner. And Then his sister and brother in law get the team, and turn us into the laughing stock of the NFL for so many damn years. We finally get a legit HC, and Jed screws up by canning him after 1 bad year. If he expects us to win SB 50 he is nuts, because we may lose a ton of talent, and we are over the cap potentially.
You call me foolish? Man this internet is cool! Man I'm rugged as they come and diehard about these Niners. I ain't never turning coat or changing colors. Red and gold until my story is told! I don't care who the owner is this is my team. Jed is up and I'm behind him. I might not like or agree with everything he does but I will hope that he is right more than he is wrong. And AB you wanna talk cap then I ask why didn't we trade Ahmad Brooks as was reported before the deadline? Oh that's right I heard Jim say that we needed Ahmad Brooks to win a championship. Well that never worked out and I am pissed we didn't move Brooks and his salary for whatever pick we could get! Every penny saved counts right? I believe TB wanted to move him but Jim said no and now we got Brooks deal on the books and no ring to show for it. Man all I know is it sure seems Jed wants to win just as badly as any of us and the offense we were fielding wasn't gonna cut it. We gotta win bottom line Jim or not

I just said anyone who still trusts the York's decision making is foolish. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 2, 3, 4, 5+ times, shame on me."

Theyre going to have to prove it if they want the trust of the fans back. Maybe they do make the right hire again, but who's to say they wont fire them a couple years later over BS drama?

They have never done anything worth trusting. They about had me won over with the last 4 years, but that all went out the window.
Share 49ersWebzone