LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Where Are The Faithful ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So blindly supporting anything and everything the Yorks do no matter how dumb, idiotic or stupid makes you somehow what? Faithful? Great in some way?

I suggest you read the thread title. You could try googling "loyal". And if you think supporting the team through thick and thin is dumb, idiotic and stupid, this is me holding the door open for you so you can find another team to support.
Originally posted by English:
So blindly supporting anything and everything the Yorks do no matter how dumb, idiotic or stupid makes you somehow what? Faithful? Great in some way?

I suggest you read the thread title. You could try googling "loyal". And if you think supporting the team through thick and thin is dumb, idiotic and stupid, this is me holding the door open for you so you can find another team to support.

Where does it say in that post that I don't support the team?

That doesn't mean I have to blindly support everything the Yorks do. I can form my own opinion on their decisions. Just like anybody else.
I became I fan when I was 10. That was 2003 (21 now) so if there is a term for someone that is the exact oposite of a bandwagoner that would be me.
I was born in 1981 and have been a die hard fan fan since 1988... and i grew up in Connecticut right in the middle of Patriots and Giants country... I cried when Montana got hurt against the Giants in the NFCCG and then Roger Craig fumbled to end our chance at a 3 peat.... I proudly wore all my 49ers gear the whole time thru the Erickson, Nolan, Singletary years when we sucked and the the local New England Patriots went to 5 Super Bowls and won 3 of them. I've raised 3 kids to all be Niner fans right hear CT even thru those awful years. Do you know how hard that is...lol... Finally the Yorks make a good move and bring in Harbs, He turns the whole thing around in no time. Then once again the Yorks manage to F%&k the whole thing up again.

I'm still not jumping ship but, C'mon man... These owners are toxic! ... it could be another 20 years before a coach like JH comes along again.

Where does it say in that post that I don't support the team?

That doesn't mean I have to blindly support everything the Yorks do. I can form my own opinion on their decisions. Just like anybody else.

You missed the point. I knew you would. You keep on b***hing and moaning. The Faithful. That is the thread title.
It's a waste of time (IMHO) to dwell on Harbaugh being let go...it's not going to change anything. Do you believe for a minute he's thinking about it? He's just signed on to restore Michigan to become a national power. There are Niner Faithful and there are fair-weather fans...who jump ship when things change. Change is part of life in the NFL (where do you thing "not for long" came from)...the strongest teams deal with it and move on, which is exactly what Baalke's doing, looking for Harbaugh's replacement. I'm sure he and Jed have thought about it and have a method to their madness...I like their aggressiveness and willingness to interview a wide variety of coaches. The list will be whittled down to a more manageable level...one that will result in the truly top candidates. There are several I think have a shot...Fangio, possibly Tomsula, Gase, Bowles, Kyle Shanahan...but, we'll see. If you're a true Niner fan and not a whiner, get involved...do some homework, figure out who you think is really qualified and let's have a discussion about that.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's a waste of time (IMHO) to dwell on Harbaugh being let go...it's not going to change anything. Do you believe for a minute he's thinking about it? He's just signed on to restore Michigan to become a national power. There are Niner Faithful and there are fair-weather fans...who jump ship when things change. Change is part of life in the NFL (where do you thing "not for long" came from)...the strongest teams deal with it and move on, which is exactly what Baalke's doing, looking for Harbaugh's replacement. I'm sure he and Jed have thought about it and have a method to their madness...I like their aggressiveness and willingness to interview a wide variety of coaches. The list will be whittled down to a more manageable level...one that will result in the truly top candidates. There are several I think have a shot...Fangio, possibly Tomsula, Gase, Bowles, Kyle Shanahan...but, we'll see. If you're a true Niner fan and not a whiner, get involved...do some homework, figure out who you think is really qualified and let's have a discussion about that.

At the moment i'm all for bringing a Mike Shanahan or a Mike Holmgren along with a good OC of their choice to be groomed for the HC job 3 years down the line. I would like to Fangio stay at DC but if he doesn't get the HC job someone else is gonna give him a shot at it.
Originally posted by cciowa:
good, let them go,, we needed to weed out the fans who just came on board when jh arrived anyway

Why? Will the faithful be swept up to heaven with Jesus and Bill Walsh in the 49ers rapture? What's the virtue of being a loyal fan of a crappy team?
  • kray28
  • Veteran

It's a waste of time to post anything on this forum...yet here you are.

Well said, English.

Nice post, especially the last sentence. This is what I'm doing.
I'm here!! I'm FAITHFUL!! Til Death Do Us Part. 49ers will be FINE!! Harbaugh wanted out since he wasn't getting a raise and so he quit on the players by not scheming/adjusting or lack of better words "trying" because he knew he could have any job he wanted at the end of the year. I enjoyed Jim A LOT while he was here and he did great for 3 years but he wanted out and so he's gone!! This team has got talent. Granted it needs more talent but building blocks are there. Now just need Health and the right HC/Staff and a GREAT draft and about 4 key FA signings and 49ers will be FINE!!

Faithful as EVER!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Good riddance... they should be replaced with a loud bunch that knows when to be loud
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I'm here!! I'm FAITHFUL!! Til Death Do Us Part. 49ers will be FINE!! Harbaugh wanted out since he wasn't getting a raise and so he quit on the players by not scheming/adjusting or lack of better words "trying" because he knew he could have any job he wanted at the end of the year. I enjoyed Jim A LOT while he was here and he did great for 3 years but he wanted out and so he's gone!! This team has got talent. Granted it needs more talent but building blocks are there. Now just need Health and the right HC/Staff and a GREAT draft and about 4 key FA signings and 49ers will be FINE!!

Faithful as EVER!!

Cool post
It's shameful we even have a thread like this on a niner message board.
Share 49ersWebzone