There are 211 users in the forums

What were the philosophical differences between Jed and Harbaugh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What were the philosophical differences between Jed and Harbaugh?

Since no one in the front office is shedding any light on what the "philosophical differences" we're between Jed and Harbaugh, what do you think the real reason was for the "mutual parting of the ways"? Your thoughts.........
It had to be between Baalke and Harbs,
If that was the case then I am glad York picked Baalke
Harbaugh wanted to cover me and Jed didnt.
Jed wanted Jim to be Bill Walsh

Jim wants to be Bo Schembechler

one guy won 3 Super Bowls in 10 yrs, the other guy won a bunch of games and zero national championships in 21 years

which would you pick?
[ Edited by znk916 on Dec 30, 2014 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by znk916:
Jed wanted Jim to be Bill Walsh

Jim wants to be Bo Schembechler

Pretty much this
It was the khakis
Well, what we have in Michigan...

-Harbaugh has COMPLETE control over the organization = something niners were never going to give him
-Roman is likely his OC, according to reports = he believes roman has a solid offense
-HArbaugh took a paycut to get his assistants more money = not about the money
-Harbaugh has a difficult personality = people can manage to work together, and both Jed and Trent emphasized that they had "philosophical differences" and he later said "fotball differences" on the radio show. Therefore, I doubt his hard-headed nature was the source of the problem

I believe it was his reluctance to adjust his offense which began to rear it's ugly head in the superbowl. Jed wanted a more productive offense as we all do, Jim blamed injuries and BS, not Roman. Jed says "look at Vic, we are decimated with injuries and still ranked at the top". Jim continued to suggest that the offense was fine.... end of conversation....
Other . . . Jim developed a philosophical problem with effective offensive adjustments at half-time.
Originally posted by JedsBaldSpot:
Harbaugh wanted to cover me and Jed didnt.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Other . . . Jim developed a philosophical problem with effective offensive adjustments at half-time.

2014 felt very much like the Singletary coaching era. They kept trying the same thing every week and expected a different result. I can't how many times I have heard a "tale of two halves" when talking about the HArbaugh led Niners.

Harbaugh was too eccentric and passionate for York.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
It had to be between Baalke and Harbs,
If that was the case then I am glad York picked Baalke

it wasn't. Baalke debunked that himself.
I don't feel like beating a dead horse
Jed said it in the KNBR interview: "football philosophies". It was the offense.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jim banged Jed's wife.
Share 49ersWebzone