There are 223 users in the forums

Raiders request interview with 49ers TE coach Eric Mangini for HC Vacancy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Trade him to the local high school.
They would be doing us a favor. What a joke he is.
Good riddance, Mangina. What a great year our TE's had . VD invisible. Vance irrelevant. Cleveland garbage, great job.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Do we have to pay them to take Mangini or give up any draft picks??

May cost us a couple of first round picks but it's a bargain.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I just want him and Roman officially gone as soon as possible.

lol Raiders. Will they ever hire a good coach?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by THEB:
I personally think Mangina is part of Vernon Davis being a letdown this year.

I'm no Mangini fan myself -- but to be fair -- Vernon's drop in production isn't because of Mangini. It's because the man hurt his back and he HURT IT bad. He may never be the same player again.

I keep telling you guys that you just don't play through an injury like this. Exercise only makes the injury worse. The only thing that will make it better is rest and/or surgery.

I, for one, would like to know how many epidurals VD had to take for that back injury. Yeah -- it allows you to play without much pain -- but you're still severely limited in terms of what your back can do. Vernon wasn't as fast as previous years and wasn't nearly as aggressive on pass and run plays.

As someone who has been though this pain before -- I could see the problem as plain as day. Let's just hope an off-season of recovery helps. It may not. VD's best days just may be behind him.

Melodramatic much? You have NO clue what injury Vernon suffered to his back. I personally have disc, nerve, and muscular problems with my back (ran over and dragged 200 yards down a highway when i was 13. Tire marks on my back for 7 years afterward). When i have pain it hurts like hell and i can barely move, but most the time excercising and normal daily life doesn't hurt at all and limits me in no shape or form.
Mangini is being unfairly criticized, hell, he spent a season and taught Vernon Davis how to be a defensive back.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
minus a few of the offensive coaches, all of harbaughs boys should be on the street right now.

If they aren't already, then they will be soon. Rathman is probably the only untouchable. A new coach, especially an offensive minded one will want to hire his own staff anyway so Raiduhs and whoever else interested can help themselves.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Season summary right there folks.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Dec 30, 2014 at 1:07 PM ]

Originally posted by English:
Do we have to pay them to take Mangini or give up any draft picks??

May cost us a couple of first round picks but it's a bargain.

It'd be the steal of the draft.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

Hard to say.

I sure would like to know what they offered JH.

Maybe he didn't take that job because he knew how long it'd take to make that group a winning team?
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Of all the coaches we have they pick Mangina lol

he must know someone in their FO
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

Hard to say.

I sure would like to know what they offered JH.

Maybe he didn't take that job because he knew how long it'd take to make that group a winning team?

for the first time, at least they have a core to build on. Carr (imo) was the best rookie this year, and Mack is a complete beast.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mangini is being unfairly criticized, hell, he spent a season and taught Vernon Davis how to be a defensive back.

Share 49ersWebzone