Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Yes, please, oh god yes.

I'm begging you, Mark, hire him.

He's your's, for free.

Hell, we'll even give you free tours of Levi's Stadium for you to take him off our hands.

This. We'll throw in a WR coach.

Mangenious to the Raiders, they´ll win 4-6 games :D
And some people thought I was unrealistic to suggest that the Oakland Raiders trade their first overall to us for Jim Harbaugh.

They want to interview Eric Mangini. Let that sink in for a moment.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not only can they have permission, they can have Morton and Roman too!!!

The only thing that worries me about Mangini potentially becoming the Raiders head coach is that he'd trying stealing assistants from the defensive side of the ball.

Wouldn't these all be lateral moves?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Wouldn't these all be lateral moves?

Depends on what contracts guys have. I don't know the contract situation of every assistant so we'll have to see what happens.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
And some people thought I was unrealistic to suggest that the Oakland Raiders trade their first overall to us for Jim Harbaugh.

They want to interview Eric Mangini. Let that sink in for a moment.
Lol
Bye Felicia
Of all the coaches we have they pick Mangina lol
I will personally put a bow on this a*****e, and drive him to Raider head quarters!
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by THEB:

I personally think Mangina is part of Vernon Davis being a letdown this year.

I'm no Mangini fan myself -- but to be fair -- Vernon's drop in production isn't because of Mangini. It's because the man hurt his back and he HURT IT bad. He may never be the same player again.

I keep telling you guys that you just don't play through an injury like this. Exercise only makes the injury worse. The only thing that will make it better is rest and/or surgery.

I, for one, would like to know how many epidurals VD had to take for that back injury. Yeah -- it allows you to play without much pain -- but you're still severely limited in terms of what your back can do. Vernon wasn't as fast as previous years and wasn't nearly as aggressive on pass and run plays.

As someone who has been though this pain before -- I could see the problem as plain as day. Let's just hope an off-season of recovery helps. It may not. VD's best days just may be behind him.

This.

Back injuries claim the careers of NBA players so I can just imagine what they do to NFL players.
Besides, unlike Gonzalez or Gates, his skill set will not age well.
[ Edited by All22 on Dec 30, 2014 at 8:26 AM ]

Just lose baby!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
get him the f**k out of here, no ever explained to me what he did,, another coach that the former head coach enabled. was he the tight end coach? yes we see how that position worked out this year. it is not to much to ask for us to have coaches whether it be ol coach, wide outs, tight ends or the oc and head man who help and teach players to be better.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by THEB:
I personally think Mangina is part of Vernon Davis being a letdown this year.

I'm no Mangini fan myself -- but to be fair -- Vernon's drop in production isn't because of Mangini. It's because the man hurt his back and he HURT IT bad. He may never be the same player again.

I keep telling you guys that you just don't play through an injury like this. Exercise only makes the injury worse. The only thing that will make it better is rest and/or surgery.

I, for one, would like to know how many epidurals VD had to take for that back injury. Yeah -- it allows you to play without much pain -- but you're still severely limited in terms of what your back can do. Vernon wasn't as fast as previous years and wasn't nearly as aggressive on pass and run plays.

As someone who has been though this pain before -- I could see the problem as plain as day. Let's just hope an off-season of recovery helps. It may not. VD's best days just may be behind him.

The guy was still able to get open, so his movement, while not as good as it was prior to the injury, was still good enough to get him open. Then he would just drop the pass. Maybe his lack of effort was due to the injury holding him back, but that doesn't excuse the hands of stone.

As for Mangina, lol, PLEASE take him.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Dec 30, 2014 at 9:10 AM ]
Do we have to pay them to take Mangini or give up any draft picks??
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Yes, please, oh god yes.

I'm begging you, Mark, hire him.

He's your's, for free.

Hell, we'll even give you free tours of Levi's Stadium for you to take him off our hands.

This. We'll throw in a WR coach.

LOL LOL LOL - yes, please take MANGINA WITH YOU!
Share 49ersWebzone