There are 202 users in the forums

Raiders request interview with 49ers TE coach Eric Mangini for HC Vacancy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
@AdamSchefter 2 minutes ago
Raiders requested to interview 49ers TE coach Eric Mangini for HC, as @MikeGarafolo reported. Mangini's smart, seasoned, and would be strong

I personally think Mangina is part of Vernon Davis being a letdown this year. Wouldnt mind seeing him go.
[ Edited by THEB on Dec 30, 2014 at 3:27 AM ]
Yes, please, oh god yes.

I'm begging you, Mark, hire him.

He's your's, for free.

Hell, we'll even give you free tours of Levi's Stadium for you to take him off our hands.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
No not Levi tours! He might realize how roomy it is and want to move in.
Take him please Raiders
Originally posted by THEB:
No not Levi tours! He might realize how roomy it is and want to move in.

What we're not going to tell him is that it's actually Candlestick just dressed up to look like Levi's, he won't know the difference if he's stupid enough to talk to Mangini for a head coaching spot.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Help yourself guys !! LOL.
Would be nice if he got hired but wont. We are in big trouble if he isn't out the door with the rest of the O staff that isn't doing their job.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
lol this would be a great way to start the new year
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
minus a few of the offensive coaches, all of harbaughs boys should be on the street right now.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Yes, please, oh god yes.

I'm begging you, Mark, hire him.

He's your's, for free.

Hell, we'll even give you free tours of Levi's Stadium for you to take him off our hands.

This. We'll throw in a WR coach.

Originally posted by English:

Let's make the deal even better, Mangini, a WR coach and Craig Dahl.

That's a championship caliber deal right there.
[ Edited by linkboy on Dec 30, 2014 at 5:42 AM ]
Originally posted by English:

Let's make the deal even better, Mangini, a WR coach and Craig Dahl.

That's a championship caliber deal right there.
Not only can they have permission, they can have Morton and Roman too!!!

The only thing that worries me about Mangini potentially becoming the Raiders head coach is that he'd trying stealing assistants from the defensive side of the ball.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 30, 2014 at 6:25 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No, not Mangini.
Originally posted by THEB:

I personally think Mangina is part of Vernon Davis being a letdown this year.

I'm no Mangini fan myself -- but to be fair -- Vernon's drop in production isn't because of Mangini. It's because the man hurt his back and he HURT IT bad. He may never be the same player again.

I keep telling you guys that you just don't play through an injury like this. Exercise only makes the injury worse. The only thing that will make it better is rest and/or surgery.

I, for one, would like to know how many epidurals VD had to take for that back injury. Yeah -- it allows you to play without much pain -- but you're still severely limited in terms of what your back can do. Vernon wasn't as fast as previous years and wasn't nearly as aggressive on pass and run plays.

As someone who has been though this pain before -- I could see the problem as plain as day. Let's just hope an off-season of recovery helps. It may not. VD's best days just may be behind him.
Share 49ersWebzone