LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Post-2014 Discussion: Does Frank Gore belong in the Hall of Fame?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Post-2014 Discussion: Does Frank Gore belong in the Hall of Fame?

Thanks to yesterday's critical performance, Gore now has over 11,000 career rushing yards and is ranked 20th all-time. Of the 19 running backs ranked above him, 13 are in the Hall of Fame and a few of the remaining six are not yet eligible.

The downside? He appears to be cutting the edge. There may be a mass of Hall of Famers ranked just above him, but there aren't many ranked below him.

I say if he stays for another year or two and hits the 12,000+ yard mark, he has a legitimate shot. It's interesting because many discussions were had on his Hall of Fame status in years past and the general consensus was "no," but I think right now he's in the running more than he's ever been.
He's going to need 12k, I think.

(With that said, if I were a voter, he would have my vote right now.)
Yes.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k yes
Obviously
He has a sentimental borderline case with current stats, you know he will get a ton of support from the local media and that will resonate strongly with the voters, who are all comprised of media types around the nation.

However, there won't be any question about his stats by the time he's finished. I think everyone will be shocked at how great he is when he finally gets to play in a consistently good offense next year. I am confident he will finish his career playing with the best offense system and coach of his career, whether its with us or someone else.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Hell yes!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Duh
11000 yards, all time leading rusher for one of the most storied franchises in the league, did it all without ever playing with a great passing attack, faced 8 man boxes his whole career, universally respected by coaches and his peers.

Hall of famer.
obviously

but you're asking a 49ers forum lol

The number '21' needs to be retired as with all the niner greats. And yes, HOF
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Listen at the 20:55 mark. They talk about Frank Gores HOF chances.

http://www.podcasts.com/grantland-nfl-podcast/episode/the-grantland-nfl-podcast-11113
Yes. Years later Frank will get more appreciation for his body of work from people outside SF. He was basically all we had on offense for years until Harbaugh showed up. Teams knew they could stack the box his whole career and he still banged out 11K, and was a great pass blocker.
Yes.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Listen at the 20:55 mark. They talk about Frank Gores HOF chances.

http://www.podcasts.com/grantland-nfl-podcast/episode/the-grantland-nfl-podcast-11113

couple of ignorant b***hes

edit: lol that podcast is from 2013, totally outdated
[ Edited by znk916 on Dec 29, 2014 at 12:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone