LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Press Conference Questions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Post your questions you wish one of the 49ers beat writers would ask Jed & Trent today. Here are some of mine.

1) Jim's worst record in his 4 seasons here was equal to the best record the 49ers had in the previous decade. How can you justify moving on from him?
2) There have been a lot of "off the record" comments, statements and directives made to national media this season. Are you concerned about these leaks coming from inside the 49ers front office?
3) Jed, you were seen having a lengthy interview with a reporter from the national FOX broadcast team yesterday. Then when some beat writers asked you for a minute of time you said no. That was followed up with you being seen walking off the field engaged in another conversation with an NFL Network reporter. Why did you not take some time to speak with the local writers? Are you aware that this may give some the impression that you are the leak?
4) If the 2015 draft class turns out like the 2012 draft class, should Trent's employment be at risk?
5) What characteristics would you look for in a new coach? (If he says something along the lines of "winning"; then the follow up question is...)
5a) Didn't Jim Harbaugh have those characteristics?
6) What did you say to Jim prior to the game yesterday, when you were seen embraced in a hug with him?
7) Have you consulted with your Uncle Eddie before making the decision to part ways with Jim?
8) 5 teams from the NFC made the playoffs with 11 or more wins. The 49ers are projected to be over the cap. How do you close that gap and return to the playoffs?
9) If the next head coach does not win the Super Bowl in 4 seasons or less, are they going to be terminated as well?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
IS GORE COMING BACK?
WHEN WILL GORE BE SIGNED?
BAALKE, IF YOU'RE LYING TO US, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE?
Rather focus questions on what he expects from HC canditates to bring to the table.
the last two coaches to take the 49ers to the playoffs have been fired under curious circumstances. What kind of precident do you think is set by this front office in regards to the job security of future coaches?
[ Edited by AZ9erfan520 on Dec 29, 2014 at 6:20 AM ]
Great questions by the OP. I would only add
"When the 49ers decided to part ways with winning coach Harbaugh, did they have a replacement coaching staff in mind, or is this going to be the "Marriucci firing all over again with nobody good to replace him for over a decade" thing again?
You do realize that quality head coaches are not in abundance, correct?
You do realize that half of your team (Pro-bowlers) were on IR or suspended, and never had the full team on the field?
You think you are going to be able to attract any worthy (if any are out there) head coaching candidates when they know a lot of the starters won't be back, and the head coaching job is on the line each year with "Superbowl or bust" theory?
I like your questions! Except this..

Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
3) Jed, you were seen having a lengthy interview with a reporter from the national FOX broadcast team yesterday. Then when some beat writers asked you for a minute of time you said no. That was followed up with you being seen walking off the field engaged in another conversation with an NFL Network reporter. Why did you not take some time to speak with the local writers? Are you aware that this may give some the impression that you are the leak?

The local "beat" writers (Kawasaki, Cohn, killion) are garbage disposing pieces of sh1t. They are the women at the family gathering my wife wants me NOT to say anything to.

If I were Jed I'd probably just sock those two dudes in the face and c**t punt that other b***h.
Lotta questions in here lean toward blaming Jed.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Post your questions you wish one of the 49ers beat writers would ask Jed & Trent today. Here are some of mine.

1) Jim's worst record in his 4 seasons here was equal to the best record the 49ers had in the previous decade. How can you justify moving on from him?
2) There have been a lot of "off the record" comments, statements and directives made to national media this season. Are you concerned about these leaks coming from inside the 49ers front office?
4) If the 2015 draft class turns out like the 2012 draft class, should Trent's employment be at risk?
5) What characteristics would you look for in a new coach? (If he says something along the lines of "winning"; then the follow up question is...)
5a) Didn't Jim Harbaugh have those characteristics?
6) What did you say to Jim prior to the game yesterday, when you were seen embraced in a hug with him?
7) Have you consulted with your Uncle Eddie before making the decision to part ways with Jim?
8) 5 teams from the NFC made the playoffs with 11 or more wins. The 49ers are projected to be over the cap. How do you close that gap and return to the playoffs?
9) If the next head coach does not win the Super Bowl in 4 seasons or less, are they going to be terminated as well?

Here are the answers (Devil's advocate)
1. We didn't win the SuperBowl.
2. No.
3. People can take any impression they like if it suits their agenda. They can believe in Unicorns if they wish.
4. Trent's an outstanding executive and has my utmost confidence.
5. Well respected, tough, Experience with a good track record.
5a. Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers have a made decision that is beneficial to both parties.
6. It's personal and I won't get into it.
7. Yes
8. There's no simple answer to that. We'll explore every avenue to make this team a winner.
9. If he asks for a 6 year 48 million dollar contract extension without having brought me the hardware. YES absolutely.
Share 49ersWebzone