LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Should Jim be allowed to coach 12/28 vs arizona?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Jim be allowed to coach 12/28 vs arizona?

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Jcool:
And this thread is over...

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
#49ers and Jim Harbaugh are believed to have reached an agreement in which he is let out of his contract. He's expected to coach tomorrow.

If this is true, then the FO is making a huge mistake. Maybe they thought news wouldn't get out until after the game. At this point, they have to do what's in the best interest to our players, and that's let someone else coach the team. Half-assed play, guys not doing their assignments leads to possible injuries. It's just plain stupid to allow Jim anywhere near the team tomorrow. Time to move forward without him.

Maybe they don't give a f**k about the media. The FO and Jim reached an agreement, it isn't like he went behind their back. Let Jim go out properly. As our winningest coach in this millennium, he deserves at least that.

It has nothing to do with the media. Jim hasn't even told his players and they are going to be informed he's leaving by watching ESPN. Do you think that's going to motivate guys to play inspired tomorrow, or will they feel betrayed that their coach didn't have the balls to tell them his plans of coaching elsewhere the night before their last game together. That's not a way to treat family, and I guatantee the guys aren't gonna be happy about it.

it's overall a s**tty situation. I don't know whether to blame the FO for letting this happen, or be mad at harbaugh, mainly because I don't know the truth behind what has happened over the past year.

However....these players are grown f**king men. This is their job, and they love to play football. I don't think it will affect them as much as you think
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol at the hurt feels over Jim lining up his next job.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
ABSOLUTELY YOU DUMB WHO ASKED. WARN ME

It gives the fans a chance to thank Jim and see him on the sideline one more time. Give him this one last game in front of the fans. It is sad to see him go, but I am glad I can be at his last game.
[ Edited by hello28 on Dec 28, 2014 at 12:30 AM ]
jim's earned it. he deserves to coach the last game so the players and fans can thank him. you think guys like gore and justin smith would have had a taste of the super bowl if he wasn't around?

im sure media has been salivating at making it seem jim is the bad guy; granted that jim deserves some of the criticism with how he handles the media.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

#49ers and Jim Harbaugh are believed to have reached an agreement in which he is let out of his contract. He's expected to coach tomorrow.

The bolded means it's not quite over yet. lol

It could also mean they have agreed on a new deal. Jim is a sneaky one when it comes to media.
He hasn't coached this team all season
Originally posted by mato49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Yes

The ownership failed to keep a great coach. Jim had to do what's best for him and his family.

Thank you Jim good luck to you.

Agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. These guys who clamor for Jim to be run out of town...just baffles me.

F Jim and his family! They ain't Niners no more and I could give a F***! I'm serious about this Niners life. He can do what's best for his family and we wi do what's best for us. He can F*** off!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

The bolded means it's not quite over yet. lol

It could also mean they have agreed on a new deal. Jim is a sneaky one when it comes to media.

• buck
  • Veteran
Shouldn't the anger be directed at the front office which allowed this situation to fester since March?

What anger? I am not angry.

I do not know what has happened behind those doors that are closed.

Apparently, you think that you do know what has happened.

Originally posted by kujon11:
jim's earned it. he deserves to coach the last game so the players and fans can thank him. you think guys like gore and justin smith would have had a taste of the super bowl if he wasn't around?

im sure media has been salivating at making it seem jim is the bad guy; granted that jim deserves some of the criticism with how he handles the media.

I think Jim was the right hire bit his time is up now. And I ain't about tasting a Super Bowl. I'm bout winning it! 5 time champs baby!
Originally posted by buck:

I ain't angry either. I'm just fired up. I'm combative by nature and I smell a defector present so off with his head. You sell us out in the middle of battle you get your rocks clipped off
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 28, 2014 at 12:38 AM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

If this is true, then the FO is making a huge mistake. Maybe they thought news wouldn't get out until after the game. At this point, they have to do what's in the best interest to our players, and that's let someone else coach the team. Half-assed play, guys not doing their assignments leads to possible injuries. It's just plain stupid to allow Jim anywhere near the team tomorrow. Time to move forward without him.

Maybe they don't give a f**k about the media. The FO and Jim reached an agreement, it isn't like he went behind their back. Let Jim go out properly. As our winningest coach in this millennium, he deserves at least that.

It has nothing to do with the media. Jim hasn't even told his players and they are going to be informed he's leaving by watching ESPN. Do you think that's going to motivate guys to play inspired tomorrow, or will they feel betrayed that their coach didn't have the balls to tell them his plans of coaching elsewhere the night before their last game together. That's not a way to treat family, and I guatantee the guys aren't gonna be happy about it.

That's the thing. JH doesn't work that way. This smells bad. JH players would be the first to know. I don't trust media reports unless there are valid quotes. So far, none. All are basing their decision from the credibility of the media members over actual facts.

So far, the only fact is that AD and Baalke's daughter don't like Roman. This only leads me to one thing and the is that more players possibly don't like Roman. John, who fired his OC thinks Jim should coach at MI over firing his OC? Why isn't John included in "family members"? This is all a little to fishy. Jim doesn't seem like a guy who wouldn't tell his team something like this before the media would. You are telling me the media knows what Jim will do before his players? Something doesn't line up with past history.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by kujon11:

I think Jim was the right hire bit his time is up now. And I ain't about tasting a Super Bowl. I'm bout winning it! 5 time champs baby!

as a 49ers fan, we can get spoiled at times. Don't forget, Jim helped us get a new stadium and helped us remember what it was like to actually be relevant in Jan
Originally posted by buck:
Shouldn't the anger be directed at the front office which allowed this situation to fester since March?

literally 85% of this forum has acted like they've known what's going on behind closed doors, it's almost more annoying than the situation itself
Share 49ersWebzone