There are 212 users in the forums

Coaching blunders 2011-14

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SaksV:
Lol dude I thought I was the only one who noticed this. It happened at least FIVE times in the NFCC game at Atlanta, it's a miracle we won that game (Bowman)

Ever since I saw this happening in our offense I have been questioning Roman. Thats basically the first thing you coach to a QB, making every handoff look the same and the fact that it happened the entire season that year made me think the coaches just don't care about the little things that are necessary for the big things to go your way.
Harbaugh basically outsourced the defense to fangio You have to evaluate Harbaugh based mostly on the performance of the offense. It says something that this part of the team has struggled the most during his tenure.
Originally posted by alburns:
Harbaugh basically outsourced the defense to fangio You have to evaluate Harbaugh based mostly on the performance of the offense. It says something that this part of the team has struggled the most during his tenure.

Anyone who can't see that has blinders on. If Harbaugh is such a great offensive mind, why is he high tailing it back to college.
Coaching blunder #3
Down 3 points at halftime to the Colts last year, Frank Gore was averaging 7+ a carry. He only got 2 carries in the 2nd half.

Coaching blunder #4
All the times in 2012 and 13 that Roman decided it was a great idea to make Vernon a "decoy" all game.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Originally posted by alburns:

Anyone who can't see that has blinders on. If Harbaugh is such a great offensive mind, why is he high tailing it back to college.

Well I'll give you 8million. Reasons. He is getting paid more than Saban who has won multiple national championships. But you are correct. When Jim was hired a lot of us showed concern because of the lack of play making in the Stanford passing game. Sure enough the passing game was the weakness here too. His offense was never innovative. In fact it came from the stone ages.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Well I'll give you 8million. Reasons. He is getting paid more than Saban who has won multiple national championships. But you are correct. When Jim was hired a lot of us showed concern because of the lack of play making in the Stanford passing game. Sure enough the passing game was the weakness here too. His offense was never innovative. In fact it came from the stone ages.

Lets be real. Harbaugh is not infallible. This has taken a huge toll on him. Jim doesn't see his part in this. His personality, his stubbornness, his prickliness and his insubordination. He's getting paid millions but he still has a boss. Jim acted like, I'll win and leave me alone while he flipped the bird at everyone. That's great until you lose. How big of a dick do you have to be that you are winning and your team is trying to trade you?

Coaching blunder #5. This year versus the Rams at home. The offense busts their arse to get the ball down to the 1 yard line. TD or tie the game and go to overtime. Romans bright idea was to QB sneak behind a rookie center who was getting zero push all game. Instead of handing to Hyde or Gore.
Can we add one more coaching blunder. Ellington is our fastest receiver. He scored two TD's last week yet he doesn't get the ball on offense not even once. That in a nutshell is why Roman is bye bye.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Sourball:
Were there blowouts? I'm being serious, I don't remember many comfortable games where I knew it was in the bag like in the glory days. Like crabman pointed out, trying to run out the clock before half time was frustrating to watch. Some other ther teams easily put up 40+ points and I'm strutting around like a rooster if the niners got 3 TDs

2011 we beat Tampa 48-3

2012 we beat the Jets 34-0 and Buffalo 45-3

2013 we beat Jacksonville 42-10

combined wins for those 4 teams is 20. so basically the only blowouts he got was vs teams that were 5 win teams on average. 2 of those teams had 4 wins and the other 2 had 6 wins.

2011: 3 TOs forced, 1 was returned for a TD. We also went a paltry 3 of 6 in the red zone. We ran the ball 36 times, passed 22.

2012: NYJ - forced 4 TOs, 1 was returned for a TD. Went 3 of 5 in the red zone. We ran the ball 44 times, passed 22.

2012: BUF - forced 1 TO. Went 4 of 5 in the red zone. We ran the ball 38 times, passed 25. This was our only passing offensive minded blow out.

2013: You forgot this one - HOU (score of 34-3) - Forced 4 TOS, 1 was returned for a TD. We ran the ball 36 times, passed 15.

2013: JAX - forced 1 TO, it was returned for a TD. We went 5-5 in the RZ . Passed 17 times, ran 38 times.

----

We ran far more than we passed in this offense and relied heavily on our defense to provide us with short fields or outright points to give them these big leads in these blowouts. I didn't bother posting but outside of the Buffalo game the majority, basically 75% of the offensive TDs were rushing TDs (By CK or an RB).

Pretty sure the 9ers offense has been incredibly basic.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 28, 2014 at 7:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone