LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

To beat the Seahawks, the team has to this offseason

Shop Find 49ers gear online

To beat the Seahawks, the team has to this offseason

• THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
We need to inflict a "turning point" play like this on their asses. As one of our beat writers stated in a recent article, this play pretty much summed up how our "rivalry" has been with Seattle -- a major ass kicking.

Why would i want any of our players to get called for a hit to a defenseless receiver? That is a terrible idea.
What do we have to do to get this thread out of NT is the better question… there are better teams in the division then seattle, they just had the pleasure of a health and luck again this year.
Seahawks? We talkin about beatin the Seahawks? Seahawks? I just hope we can win a game!
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Seahawks? We talkin about beatin the Seahawks? Seahawks? I just hope we can win a game!

Are you kidding me??!
The Seahawks point allowed to finish the season: 3, 3, 14, 7, 6, 6

39 points in 6 games! Nobody is taking out seattle in the playoffs.
MAYBE pats take them in the SB - if the gronk runs wild. but in the NFC they will likely smash everyone in seattle.

lynch is killing it. wilson is a fkn SPECIAL player and the D is just plain toying with the opposition
Trade for Sean Payton
Teams that beat SEA had a strong run game and took some chances deep without turning it over.

#1 - re-power our run game and this time, focus on speed
#2 - spread them horizontal and then take some chances deep.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Get healthy
Play smart (this starts with coaching and play calling)

I think that's it. I think they are already past most of the psychological issues and have played fairly well the last game until injuries stacked up. Stupid play calling/Offensive non-adjustments cost the game.
Defense plays smart but the offense has had a terrible year making adjustments to defeat even mediocre offenses.

Originally posted by NCommand:
All we need to beat Seattle NOW is to use their very own game plan against us and counter when they make in-game adjustments (i.e. counter when they start stacking the box more and more).
Reread a Walsh article this morning on the importance of plays that back the defense off the LOS...including screens passes, run pass, passes over the LBs heads, delayed draws. These were the plays that worked well for Kaepernick when used. His TD last week was similar to a delayed draw.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's a number of things:

- Improve our receiving corps. Both the WR and TE positions. Ellington's a step in the right direction, but I'd like to see some fast, bigger WR's, too. Vernon needs to either poop or get off the pot...extremely disappointed in him this season. Baalke needs to draft a play-making TE.

- Improve Kap's focus, mechanics and accuracy. Jeff Garcia's already said he'd love to help...and I think he could, when you think that he was also a very mobile QB, but was a consistent playmaker.

- Re-sign Gore, but insure Hyde gets considerably more carries next season. Reintegrate Hunter as the change-of-pace RB. Make a commitment to throw to all 3 guys on a much more consistent basis.

- Integrate draw plays, delays, and other change-of-pace plays to keep defenses honest.

- Improve pass protection. Way too often Kap had very little time to set up and throw.

- Improve overall OL play. They had a down year and need to reestablish themselves as a top-tier group.

- On defense, find a replacement for Justin Smith. I think Carradine can fill the bill at one of the DE spots, but Baalke needs to draft at least one stud DL.

- Continue to improve the secondary's depth and size.

- Add another pass rusher, particularly if Brooks doesn't agree to a salary adjustment.

- Insure ST's remain strong.

- Coaching staff must make adjustments during games...

All of this! I love the underlined. Would like to see the team draft a true NT (seems like my wish every year). Though Williams and Dorsey do an adequate job in the middle I think one reason they break down is they are not stout enough to take the pounding. This would also help if J Smith retires...the DT/DEs would be helped by a monster NT holding the middle. Might also really help keep Willis healthier.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Teams that beat SEA had a strong run game and took some chances deep without turning it over.

And, they scored in the 4th quarter ;-)

(@hawkblogger Seahawks have not surrendered a single fourth quarter point during the six-game winning streak)
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Dec 29, 2014 at 9:51 AM ]

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by Joecool:

And, they scored in the 4th quarter ;-)

(@hawkblogger Seahawks have not surrendered a single fourth quarter point during the six-game winning streak)

The 4th quarter thing has a lot to do with the fact that I think SEA has the best 6-8 minute offense to end games. They go all Lynch and that's when Wilson runs a little more...Wilson is great at keeping drives alive and keeping that clock running.
Share 49ersWebzone