There are 323 users in the forums

To beat the Seahawks, the team has to this offseason

Shop Find 49ers gear online

To beat the Seahawks, the team has to this offseason

Originally posted by tondiman:
Really?......"get a QB coach for Kap"

That hardly says "better QB play". Are you having a tough time placing some responsibility on Kap?

With better QB play we'd have been in the SB last year and in the playoffs this year.

Kap was HORRID this year.

True.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i just want to get back to the point where we can beat teams like the bears and raiders
Three of these options essentially meant "coach better." If we have a better offensive staff, we should have smarter schemes and better coaching for Kap. I think we have enough talent to beat them. Our schemes have killed us in past games, as well as our unwillingness to adjust schemes.
Let Crab go, let Iupati go, Let Vernon Go,Use Vance Mcdonald and Carrier more, Re sign Frank, Start Hyde, Draft another RB AFTER we draft the BEST and FASTEST WR available. Insert Rookie from Clemson we redshirted this year at Left G, Move A Davis to RG and BOONE to R tackle. Use Read option and Pistol More, insert hot reads for blitzes,use more screens,Throw deep to New speedster,use 3 and 4 wides more often and RUN out of that formation,blitz more often,not like Arizona but more often. Don't restrict Kaps running in season,Start Tank,Dorsey and Justin/Dial across the front and draft another DL, Resign Cully,
Do all those things and we are unbeatable. This of course is assuming Willis and Bowman are here and Aldon doesn't get arrested again, and Brock is healthy and Ward improves and stays healthy, and resign Cox....
Quote me when I say this...

I'm not worried about Seattle... the ONLY reason they are in the playoffs now is because the 49ers and Arizona had the WORST luck due to injury and the Hawks only had minor injuries but kept most of their stars on the field when it counted. In my opinion the Rams and Cards are worst threats long term. Why? Because they both had mediocre QBs, if either of those teams ever gets a top 15 QB, we are in trouble. With that being said I still think we just need health and speed to beat the Seahawks... oh and an offensive coordinator not afriad to take shots down the field and back Seattle off the LOS. Bruce Arrians was taking shots down the field with Lindley at QB... and had Lindley had a halfway decent arm most of those would have connected. Seattle is fast up front, but all of their DBs are slow except for Earl and as good as he is, he can't cover the entire 53 yards between the sidelines. I'm praying for an OC who can scheme up a way to beat all three teams in this divison not just Seattle.
Originally posted by tondiman:
Really?......"get a QB coach for Kap"

That hardly says "better QB play". Are you having a tough time placing some responsibility on Kap?

With better QB play we'd have been in the SB last year and in the playoffs this year.

Kap was HORRID this year.

He was the only reason they were in the game last year...no one was doing anything on offense. The issue is the play calling and it's not even close....how many times have you read or heard from a defensive player stating they already know SF's game plan and know what plays are going to happen before the ball is even snapped?? How are you gonna win games like that?

What was one of the main problems this year on offense...scoring in the 2nd half. There were ZERO adjustments by the offense in the 2nd half of games, while all the defenses SF played made adjustments. That is on the coaching staff.
1. We need to be able to consistently run the ball against them.
2. And when this happens we need Kaep to take what their defense gives them without question
3. And we need to continue to play sound defense.

This is what happened in the first half of week 15 and looked what happened -- we were pwning their candy asses.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He was the only reason they were in the game last year...no one was doing anything on offense. The issue is the play calling and it's not even close....how many times have you read or heard from a defensive player stating they already know SF's game plan and know what plays are going to happen before the ball is even snapped?? How are you gonna win games like that?

What was one of the main problems this year on offense...scoring in the 2nd half. There were ZERO adjustments by the offense in the 2nd half of games, while all the defenses SF played made adjustments. That is on the coaching staff.

Amen brother!
Zero offensive adjustments - wasn't this a failing trait starting in the Singletary era? Come to think of it, so was getting the plays off in time
Keep Harbaugh fire greg roman

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
2. And when this happens we need Kaep to take what their defense gives them without question

This is what happened in the first half of week 15 and looked what happened -- we were pwning their candy asses.

and we need to manage the clock, not burn time outs, not have delay of game penalties , some people like to pretend that has not been a issue in the last three years and even worse,, some like to pretend this is not 100 per cent of the coach and or his fat little henchman. it has happened no matter the qb
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

With a skeleton crew on defense nonetheless.

People are making the s**t WAY too complicated. If the 49ers could run the ball on Seattle the way Lynch runs the ball on them, these games would at worst be a 50-50 split. As much as this coaching staff talks up the run, they haven't done it very well versus Seattle since 2011 mostly.

Leading Rushers vs Seattle(RB's) and W or L

2011-Leading Rusher-Gore-83 yards-W

2011-Leading Rusher-Gore-59 yards-W(2 special teams TD's from Ginn)

2012-Leading Rusher-Gore-131 yards-W

2012-Leading Rusher-Gore-28 yards-L

2013-Leading Rusher-Gore-16 yards-L

2013-Leading Rusher-Gore-110 yards-W

2013-Leading Rusher-Gore-14 yards-L

2014-Leading Rusher-Gore-28 yards-L

2014-Leading Rusher-Hyde-55 yards-L

This last game showed that Hyde can be a monster and they were having trouble bringing him down. The only thing they are missing is some major speed at RB to be able to attack them in a variety of ways via the ground. A guy like Duke Johnson along with Hyde could do some major damage.

If you can run on Seattle, you can control the game and beat them. If you can't, well, you'll probably lose.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Zero offensive adjustments - wasn't this a failing trait starting in the Singletary era? Come to think of it, so was getting the plays off in time

They still averaged half the delay of game penalties during the Singletary era.
Go sign the Dallas offensive line and we dominate.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Quote me when I say this...

I'm not worried about Seattle... the ONLY reason they are in the playoffs now is because the 49ers and Arizona had the WORST luck due to injury and the Hawks only had minor injuries but kept most of their stars on the field when it counted. In my opinion the Rams and Cards are worst threats long term. Why? Because they both had mediocre QBs, if either of those teams ever gets a top 15 QB, we are in trouble. With that being said I still think we just need health and speed to beat the Seahawks... oh and an offensive coordinator not afriad to take shots down the field and back Seattle off the LOS. Bruce Arrians was taking shots down the field with Lindley at QB... and had Lindley had a halfway decent arm most of those would have connected. Seattle is fast up front, but all of their DBs are slow except for Earl and as good as he is, he can't cover the entire 53 yards between the sidelines. I'm praying for an OC who can scheme up a way to beat all three teams in this divison not just Seattle.

And they're not worried about us, AT ALL. They're too busy being the odds on favorite to win back to back super bowls.
We need to be worried about not being able to beat the teams we should be beating first. That starts with bringing in competent coaching.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Dec 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone