LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

To beat the Seahawks, the team has to this offseason

Shop Find 49ers gear online

To beat the Seahawks, the team has to this offseason

Originally posted by THEB:
This team has to not worry about beating the seahawks and worry about beating everyone else.
I'm sure the team does, It's the fans that have the obsession.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
I'm sure the team does, It's the fans that have the obsession.

You gotta admit they're the best organization currently in the league. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. With that said..

KEN NORTON JR.

Let's bring this man back home!

Ken Norton Jr has coached with Carroll since USC. Talk about knowing how your opponent thinks! Whether he be in the same capacity as a LB coach or something else.. show him the dam money. A consultant at its finest.

The most important thing is to get physical on d again. And we must have a scheme which generates pressure on qbs a reasonable percentage of drop backs. Our effectiveness now is unreasonable even with lynch and smith there. You just cannot expect cpnsistent pressure sending 260 lbers against 320 lbers. Not on good cohesive olines. We dont need a paradigm shift on d but we need a patadigm adjustment.

Also some of the bonehead plsycalling on o must stop. And kap must either improve mental decision making or give up snaps as we start looking for someone better in that department.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Fire a top tier head coach, get a discount head coach, get rid of the high priced players, stick with Kap at QB, and the Yorks keep owning the franchise. That will do it. We will beat them for sure.

So there is really nothing about the team you like.

The offensive line on the left side is pretty good. Better than the much maligned WZ opinion. Staley and Iupati really are good. Are they perfect? No. Do they sink to the Chilo Rachal level? No. They are good players. The RB's are pretty good. The defense is tremendous and deep IMO. Special teams is ok. The kickers are pretty good. Return guys are sub par.

Offense has all kinds of problems from QB to middle and right side of the O Line. Coaching and play calling too. Offense is just an absolute mess. The Yorks will hire a discount coach who will be completely over matched against Pete Carrol. I see no way to beat Seattle anytime soon. They are so far superior at QB and offense in general. Plus the coach we will have vs. what they still will have is a massive advantage to them. Their owner is far superior. Paul Allen is so far superior to the Yorks it's not in the same category.
All we need to beat Seattle NOW is to use their very own game plan against us and counter when they make in-game adjustments (i.e. counter when they start stacking the box more and more).
Kap needs to be able to connect on the short and intermediate routes that destroy blitzes and deter teams from stacking the box. No team can stop our run game with a 7 man front IMO.
Remove the explosive players off the draft board before they can acquire them. Melvin Gordon DGB and Todd Hurley. LOL. I know they like adding explosive players and IF Lynch were to walk they gotta have Melvin or Gurley to take his place if they hope to have a chance. We need to play keep away. But seriously we need to focus on getting chunk plays multiple times every game vs them. To do that we gotta add explosive guys. I would love Melvin or WRs that can win early in routes and get deep. I also believe that we should keep only Boldin as our possession WR. Crabtree Lloyd and Stevie should be let go. Patton and Bruce should play with Boldin and hopefully an early round rookie. We can keep Stevie until we are sure we draft a rookie replacement
Some wr's that can beat their corners and tight end that doesn't disappear when he sees Cam Chancellor. Last few meetings CK pretty much has had to be a one man show.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Kap needs to be able to connect on the short and intermediate routes that destroy blitzes and deter teams from stacking the box. No team can stop our run game with a 7 man front IMO.

It starts with installing a short game. But I agree. The difference with Seattle is that the short reads are Wilson's primary read. In ours, it's usually the last - resort read.

Just have to win at home and the rest takes care of itself.

Until this season seattle hadn't beaten us at home in a longer time than we beat them there. Hope that makes sense
[ Edited by teylo31 on Dec 26, 2014 at 7:50 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Some wr's that can beat their corners and tight end that doesn't disappear when he sees Cam Chancellor. Last few meetings CK pretty much has had to be a one man show.

True. We need our TE to seek out and level Kam the first few running plays to set a tone. Heck sandwich him with Anthony Davis
Originally posted by THEB:
This team has to not worry about beating the seahawks and worry about beating everyone else.

yes but we have to concentrate on beating our division opponents. Seahawks built their team to beat us and now we have to do the same. We are pretty horrible at playing division teams because for the last 4 years we were the ones to beat and now its the seahawks. Our coaching staff didn't adapt to the changes in the division and we paid for it
Really?......"get a QB coach for Kap"

That hardly says "better QB play". Are you having a tough time placing some responsibility on Kap?

With better QB play we'd have been in the SB last year and in the playoffs this year.

Kap was HORRID this year.
Originally posted by judodono:
Not nearly as dire as "all of the above". If Lynch leaves, Seattle is back to football obscurity. You can bank on it.

You can bank on them winning a second SB in the mean time.
Share 49ersWebzone