LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 141 users in the forums

Final conclusion

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jim Harbaugh will be missed... but regardless when healthy the 49ers have a Super Bowl caliber roster.... Vic Fangio is great at defensive coordinator Greg Roman needs to be fired ASAP Time for a new offense system ...... And beside of all the BS that been going on we still had a top ranked defense this season are young rookie talent at Linebacker is on the rise to be coming great linebackers like Chris Borland......... and Aaron Lynch on pass rush.. Chris Borland and Aaron Lynch are on the rise to becoming great linebackers and to add a healthy NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis back next seanson we have good deapth at linebacker....... as for Kaepernick got a lot of potential he just needs to work this offseason on improving his mechanics footwork and his throwing accuracy and he will be a great quarterback. Get rid of Greg roman and get a better offensive coordinator and start a new offensive system When healthy our offensive line is top ranked in the NFL so in the off-season I would like to see Greg Roman gone!
Agree! We have a very talented roster, albeit with some major question marks. There is uncertainty at HC and QB, and that alone is enough to jeopardize any team's future, regardless of how talented the rest of the roster is. Just have to trust Baalke/York to make the right decisions at HC and QB, and fix the offense, because the defense is ready made for a championship.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree! We have a very talented roster, albeit with some major question marks. There is uncertainty at HC and QB, and that alone is enough to jeopardize any team's future, regardless of how talented the rest of the roster is. Just have to trust Baalke/York to make the right decisions at HC and QB, and fix the offense, because the defense is ready made for a championship.
Yes Vic Fangio has the defense In good hands with are the injuries this season at linebacker we still finish with top 5 ranked defense in the NFL alot of young and emerging deapth at linebackers Chris Borland and Aaron Lynch will be good and to add the return of NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis... Aldon Smith and Aaron Lynch it's going to be good at pass rush Chris Borland is a tackling machine and NaVorro Bowman will be back fresh along with Patrick Willis....... so now it's on the offense and that starts with getting a new offensive coordinator with a better scheme system then Greg Roman and Kaepernick improving his mechanics as well I still have faith that he could be a real great quarterback.. if he could improve his mechanics
Also let's see what happens with free agency NFL Draft new offensive coordinator and head coach will always be a fan of Jim Harbaugh and respect for his error with the 49ers....
[ Edited by 49ers201 on Dec 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM ]

Show me the talent on offense...

Gore is ancient
Crabtree had a terrible year and may well be gone... Boldin too
Davis sucked so bad it's hard to believe
Stevie Johnson and Lloyd are garbage
Vance McDonald is a flat out bust
The offensive line is taking some hits. Iupati perhaps is moving on. Staley is older.
Kaepernick is not improving

Do we have a single talented player on this offense? Who would be the best player on offense? Staley?

To say we have a Super Bowl caliber roster.... I just don't see it.
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
Interesting that everybody seems to assume that Vic Fangio will stay. Wouldn't be too sure about that.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Gore is ancient
The offensive line is taking some hits. Iupati perhaps is moving on. Staley is older.

Do we have a single talented player on this offense? Who would be the best player on offense? Staley?

Hyde is already showing promise. Ellington come on a bit this last game. Kaepernick didn't forget how to play, the Niner's just took him out of his comfort zone.

that's all we can do, trust FO to get this off-season right. It's a giant one. One thing I don't think we are great at is knowing what we have in our players throughout the roster. We only find out through injury. With collective bargaining the way it is, we're not learning everything from the practice field and no one sits starters in preseason like we do (no objections there). Borland, Patton, Ellington, Vance, Looney, Moody, tank, dial and to a degree Hyde....we didn't find out what they had or still don't have a great idea. For this reason did I thoroughly enjoy the charger game. It was having new toys. Problem is, getting those toys in week 16.

It's hard to make roster decisions on these guys when it comes down to it. Patton most comes to mind. He has been here with very few game reps. What is he worth? Hard to say.

Gore is ancient

Well one thing's for sure our defense isn't the issue despite all the injuries we still was a top-five ranked defense in the NFL this season as for the offense it's going to be an interesting offseason to see what changes are made in free agency the.nfl draft and OC Greg Romen needs to be fired.
I want us to keep the offensive line together
[ Edited by 49ers201 on Dec 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM ]

Gore is ancient

It's a down year. I'm not nearly as down on our players as you are, and that's ok. I can totally see why you're skeptical, we sucked this year.

I think our fall offensively is similar in nature to what happened to the Ravens last year. A bunch of good players on offense who were plagued by poor scheming, some key injuries, and a QB who regressed. Like the Ravens, I think these problems can be fixed by making the right OC hire, and in our case the right HC hire. I don't think we need to blow up the offense, just re-tool and add some pieces that make sense. Many of our players are capable of bouncing back next year.
Need a real offensive coordinator Greg Roman has to go asap
[ Edited by 49ers201 on Dec 23, 2014 at 10:28 PM ]
Defense is in good hands with Vic Fangio we are top 5 rank NFL defense this year despite all the industries Vick fan geo has done a fantastic job still making them a top five ranked in the NFL........ New offensive coordinator Keep the offensive line Healthy Strong and physical..
[ Edited by 49ers201 on Dec 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM ]
Eh, we're on the way down, IMO. We had a three year period where we were the best team in football and couldn't close the deal. Oh well, back to the dark ages.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Eh, we're on the way down, IMO. We had a three year period where we were the best team in football and couldn't close the deal. Oh well, back to the dark ages.

Quest for fire and Marshmallows... be afraid, my son, be very afraid
Share 49ersWebzone