LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Which is the bigger mistake?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which is the bigger mistake?

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Eddie D doing business with a thief and confidence man.

He'd be in the HOF if not for that bone-headed move.

This is the only mistake in here.
The Yorks owning the team is indeed the worst mistake and biggest missed step the franchise ever made all time. As some others said. There is no comparison to anything else. The amount of destruction and terrible decision making from these TOOLS is just astounding.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Giving the team to the Dork family.

yes. even when we win they're not satisfied with it

worst ownership there is

Why are you people so content with ALMOST winning a championship?

Harbaugh's sorry offense will never win a championship. That's already evident to anyone with even a limited understanding of the game. The defense has been championship caliber the entire time he's been here. The offense has NEVER held its weight. Harbaugh has made NO CHANGES whatsoever. That just isn't going to cut it. Why stick with what DOESN'T work?

Harbaugh took us to 3 straight NFCC games and in the end, we walked away with nothing.

If he's willing to make the proper changes, then great. But all signs have indicated that he will not. No changes means more of the same, and more of the same is not good enough. Moral victories are a joke. If we are one of the 31 teams that failed to win it all, ALMOST getting there means nothing.

Harbaugh can't pass the ball for Kap.
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Eddie D doing business with a thief and confidence man.

Also known as any politician in America

Edwin Edwards took corruption to unheard of levels. He had a baby with a young wife while in his 80's.
Here's why the 49ers made 3 straight NFCCG and a SB appearance, it was the defense making game changing plays by Aldon,Bowman,Justin and hits by Whitner and Harbaugh got the offense to control the LOS and Limited turnovers. Harbaugh deserves A LOT of credit for changing the culture of the 49ers and the new attitude into a winners attitude but Harbaugh Lacked bigtime 21st century offensive scheming and it finally caught up to him and the 49ers. I mean good golly look at the STACKED boxes Gore & co have to try & run against. Why not call more slants & hitches?? And Balke has Failed MIZZERABLY drafting offensive talent and Roman don't even get me started on that NON QUALIFIED Twinkie Inhaler.
Originally posted by Phil:
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Giving the team to the Dork family.

yes. even when we win they're not satisfied with it

worst ownership there is

Why are you people so content with ALMOST winning a championship?

Harbaugh's sorry offense will never win a championship. That's already evident to anyone with even a limited understanding of the game. The defense has been championship caliber the entire time he's been here. The offense has NEVER held its weight. Harbaugh has made NO CHANGES whatsoever. That just isn't going to cut it. Why stick with what DOESN'T work?

Harbaugh took us to 3 straight NFCC games and in the end, we walked away with nothing.

If he's willing to make the proper changes, then great. But all signs have indicated that he will not. No changes means more of the same, and more of the same is not good enough. Moral victories are a joke. If we are one of the 31 teams that failed to win it all, ALMOST getting there means nothing.

Harbaugh can't pass the ball for Kap.

No, he can't but he did choose Kaep and failed to develop him into an NFL starting QB.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Firing Mooch. At least with Mooch, you didn't feel that every defensive coordinator in the league was laughing at the 49ers.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Too early to tell. Firing Harbaugh could be a colossal mistake, or a stroke of genius.

The mistake in 2003 wasn't really the firing of Mariucci. He was a decent coach. The mistake happened a few years prior when Terry Donahue became GM.

The only way we'll know is how the next coach will do.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
neither.

people forget Mooch, with 2 mins left in the first half of a playoff game, gave up on the entire franchise by telling the offensive team to take a knee. UNFORGIVABLE!

it's time for Jim to move on. he's lost the team. Roman and him have failed with their offense.
[ Edited by boast on Dec 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM ]
Neither. Mooch had no killer instinct and I was glad the got rid of him. However, I was very unhappy with his replacement(s). Jim Harbaugh, like Mike Singletary, is a Mike Ditka disciple, which means almost all testosterone and very little brain.
[ Edited by JoeisGod on Dec 24, 2014 at 8:19 AM ]

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Funny thing... both Mooch and Harbaugh were Ra Ra guys straight from College. Both ended their tenure with the same concerns...
Originally posted by boast:
neither.

people forget Mooch, with 2 mins left in the first half of a playoff game, gave up on the entire franchise by telling the offensive team to take a knee. UNFORGIVABLE!

it's time for Jim to move on. he's lost the team. Roman and him have failed with their offense.

I agree and if Mooch was such an awesome coach why did he go on and fail at the other gigs he had after the niners? the problem back then was more the roster was in shambles, any coach would have floundered.
[ Edited by footballxpaul on Dec 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Mooch was a joke to me...

Erickson, I felt bad because he had just finished turning Oregon State around, was picked by Donahue w/a 10 day time to make a decision or Neuheisel gets the job..

Erickson didn't have any power whatsoever... He wanted Steven Jackson who he coached at OSU instead of Rashaun Woods... He also did not wanna trade Terrell Owens for a 2nd round and a back-up DT from Philly..

Ericson to me had won wherever he went, but as a 49er coach, he was set up to fail from the get go..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by boast:
neither.

I agree and if Mooch was such an awesome coach why did he go on and fail at the other gigs he had after the niners? the problem back then was more the roster was in shambles, any coach would have floundered.
he was good at telling garcia to take a knee at half time vs tampa. mooch was more worried about being a buddy to the media. not to mention he let the inmates run the asylum. i had no issue with them firing mooch but what got me, was the lack of a plan they had after that.
All my friends talking bout wtf yall doing in San Fran in terms of firing JH.
Share 49ersWebzone