LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Are we assuming most if not all offensive coaches will be fired along with Harbs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
GEt rid of the whole offensive staff. If Rathman stays, great, if not, no biggie!
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Fangio will get a contract extension.
Fangio could be the only reason why our head coach will come from within.
If they were to bring in an outsider that usually means that person will bring in all their own guys which would probably spell the end for fangio.

lmfao who said or is saying Fangio even wants to stay....from what I have read I see Fangio leaving. Fangio is one of the coaches who vouched to have Aldon play vs the colts, but also from reading Baalke has more of an input into the make up of the D

. Fangio walks
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Since07:
I don't think you can wipe out an entire coaching staff, that would probably make it worse for the O. Everyone would have to learn a completly new playbook and scheme.

I get there needs to be a serious change but to start from straight scratch is ridiculous

What is there about our offensive playbook that you want to keep?
The three and outs. I just like watching Andy Lee do his thing.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
I don't think you can wipe out an entire coaching staff, that would probably make it worse for the O. Everyone would have to learn a completly new playbook and scheme.

I get there needs to be a serious change but to start from straight scratch is ridiculous

Roman approves of this suggestion.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Fangio gone too

He is signed thru 2015
Why would Fangio be gone. He is still under contract. Keeping Fangio is important to our success. IMO if we make Fangio our HC, the benefit is you can being in whatever offensive coordinator that you want. And that OC as long as he is competent, will be left alone.

If, and it's a big if, Harbaugh was retained and we fired Roman, IMO we would get more of the same. Jim wouldn't allow fundamental changes. This offense needs more creativity. From an offensive perspective just looking at the pass routes, IMO what's missing are slants, drag routes and blitz beaters utilizing both TE's and RB's. Harbaugh is more Singletary than you think......

Other coaches I won't mind seeing gone, offensive line coach. I"m stil on the fence about special teams. Some of it may have been us not having a plan. By that I mean getting rid of Ginn Jr without real thoughts of how to replace him.
The plan was kyle w. Didnt work out.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Fangio gone too

He is signed thru 2015

Yes he is.

That said - if he wanted out -

Would Donatell be a capable DC????????

He's done GREAT w/the secondary.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Roman approves of this suggestion.
yes we might leave the box of twinkies too.
Share 49ersWebzone