LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Are we assuming most if not all offensive coaches will be fired along with Harbs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't think you can wipe out an entire coaching staff, that would probably make it worse for the O. Everyone would have to learn a completly new playbook and scheme.

I get there needs to be a serious change but to start from straight scratch is ridiculous
Originally posted by Since07:
I don't think you can wipe out an entire coaching staff, that would probably make it worse for the O. Everyone would have to learn a completly new playbook and scheme.

I get there needs to be a serious change but to start from straight scratch is ridiculous

as much as that is kinda true...i wouldn't make it an excuse...these guys are highly paid players..
Fangio will get a contract extension.
Fangio could be the only reason why our head coach will come from within.
If they were to bring in an outsider that usually means that person will bring in all their own guys which would probably spell the end for fangio.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Dec 22, 2014 at 10:42 PM ]
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
If they were to bring in an outsider that usually means that person will bring in all their own guys which would probably spell the end for fangio.

there are a couple recent championship precedents for new HC coming in and keeping the DC because they were so good (at the time)

Tomlin/LeBeau, Gruden/Kiffin

DISAGREEMENT!

What is there about our offensive playbook that you want to keep?
Forgot who tweeted this, but somebody reported the 49ers want to keep their defensive coaching staff in tact. Makes sense, you would be crazy to dismantle this all-star cast of defensive coaches if you had the choice of keeping them.

I would assume most, if not all, of the offensive coaching staff will be let go. Rathman has a chance of sticking around if he wants to. He's survived a coaching change in the past. The organization probably likes him. He's a true Niner.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 22, 2014 at 11:48 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Exactly, English.
Originally posted by English:

Not much, it's more our scheme I want to keep. Power run, run to set up the play action. This yr we went from power run to spread and our Oline crumbled cause that's not the scheme.

It's like making drew brees play in I fromation it jus would f**k up what he knows best.
Originally posted by tondiman:

DISAGREEMENT!
Wha??

• Buchy
  • Veteran
I remember seeing a stat on UK Skysports on Saturday that we had 11 coaches on the offensive side alone vs 6 on the defensive side. That is far too many opinions!

I think any external hire HC will be an offensive mind who has been approached on the basis of keeping the defensive side intact, and as an offense HC I think you would be happy to come to a team that had a great defense with a character in place you can work with - Fangio is not a Buddy/Rex Ryan type who will make life difficult.

I would keep Rathman and bin the rest of the coaches, I cannot see Solari keeping his job at the FO insistence given how poor the OLine has been. I think any new HC will likely be one with a good, proven scheme and connections to a very good QB coach and good OLine coach.
Fangio and the defensive staff have done a brilliant job. That´s actually how a competent staff looks like, with all the injuries without two of the best ILB in the league, they were still able to muster a great defense.

Now if we take a look on the offensive staff, that´s been offensive.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think they're going to clean house of all Harbaugh assistants. If he doesn't follow Harbaugh, maybe Fangio is retained.

I don't think its a niners option. Fangio is loyal to Harbs. We'll see though
[ Edited by Baldie on Dec 23, 2014 at 4:54 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

Unless the outsider can't find a suitable DC. Well Fangio is under contract for another year, I'm wondering if the niners firing Harbs also means firing Fangio? We all know Roman is gone to but maybe Fangio stays. I mean if Harbs decides to go to the Raiders which is possible because it means his family doesn't have to move, will Fangio want to coach the #4 ranked defense in the league (without Willis/Bowman), or a scrub defense? I think Fangio has more success if he stayed put but again, loyalty to Harbs.
Fact is, I'm not sure I'd even want a HC that would even consider tampering with the defensive staff. Someone said earlier that we have an ALL-STAR cast of coaches. Any valid assessment of the team would demonstrate these guys have taken UDFA and turned them into serviceable backups and in some cases starters. Why on earth would anyone want to mess around with that is beyond me? I want a HC that wants to win. In order for us to win, that HC only needs to produce an average offense across the board. Just average. Let the defense take care of the rest. If this HC can do better than average with the defense being the same and healthy, then we are a 1 to 3 loss team in 2015.

Before the interview, I'm sure any interviewing coach will take the time to familiarize themselves with the team. Anyone that even hint that they would want to fool around with that D in any way would receive a strike in my book.
Share 49ersWebzone