LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Has our window closed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
It very well could be. The right coaching staff and 2-3 new starters from the draft can go a long way . The wrong coach and an average draft could spell a downward spiral back to the 2000s.

The next coach will be brought in to "fix" Kap. If he can't and misses the playoffs he will get another year to bring in "his" guy. When his rookie or journey man choice fails and Jim is back in the playoffs Trent performance will be magnified and now you got Chicago bear situation.
Originally posted by buhda:
Head coach - Mike Shanahan
OC./assistance Head coach. Kyle Shanahan
DC. Tomsula

HC - Kyle Shanahan
Offensive Consultant - Mike Shanahan
DC - Vic Fangio
DC Asst. - Tomsula.

I could get behind something like this.
Soooo closed.

We had three very good shots and failed.

We are missing a ring.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Soooo closed.

We had three very good shots and failed.

We are missing a ring.

More like two rings (2011 and 2012)
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nj9er:
It very well could be. The right coaching staff and 2-3 new starters from the draft can go a long way . The wrong coach and an average draft could spell a downward spiral back to the 2000s.

The next coach will be brought in to "fix" Kap. If he can't and misses the playoffs he will get another year to bring in "his" guy. When his rookie or journey man choice fails and Jim is back in the playoffs Trent performance will be magnified and now you got Chicago bear situation.

Look how fast Gruden gave up on RG3. With a new guy in charge, Kap's opportunities to succeed will be limited. He'll have a new system to learn, and a limited amount of time to prove himself.

It's true. Look at how Nolan nuked the team he inherited. He strip mined it of all the talent that was left and turned them into 7th rounders (much like Baalke is prone to).

The best thing for this team would be continuity....with Harbaugh out the door, just kiss it all goodbye.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Get the f**k out of here with the shanahanegans
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Get the f**k out of here with the shanahanegans

Firing Harbaugh is going to be a huge mistake. In a year and a half they'll be blowing this team up.
The window for decent writing by webzone contributors has definitely closed.
Originally posted by cciowa:
people act like they want it to be closed, i hate this s**t, the op probably just came on board three years ago

I'm not sure what you mean. I surely don't want it to be closed, and nothing I have said suggests so. BTW I've been a fan since I was 11. I admit that when Harbaugh became head coach it sparked my interest in this team again, but I'm anything but a fairweather fan if that's what you're saying. TBH I was flicking through the channels one day when I saw the 9ers playing the Cowboys. I thought I recognized Harbaugh's face, he reminded me of my old High School coach so I continued watching. After that the niners continued winning and my interest grew. I've always been a 9ers fan and I always will be.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
One thing that is a hallmark of good teams....teams that stay good perennially...is continuity.

I'll use the example of the Steelers, Patriots, even the Spurs from the NBA.....they have a system, they believe in the system, they have a coach who built it, or continues to implement that system.

In these types of organizations...a down year or two is not the end of the world...but merely an opportunity to continue reloading with potentially better talent around an established system and core of players.

The 49ers are showing that they are not one of these organizations.

Nah, f**k that, its just the new paint that is making it stick.
Originally posted by kray28:
One thing that is a hallmark of good teams....teams that stay good perennially...is continuity.

I'll use the example of the Steelers, Patriots, even the Spurs from the NBA.....they have a system, they believe in the system, they have a coach who built it, or continues to implement that system.

In these types of organizations...a down year or two is not the end of the world...but merely an opportunity to continue reloading with potentially better talent around an established system and core of players.

The 49ers are showing that they are not one of these organizations.

This is exactly how I feel. The 49ers have the talent. They have a proven head coach. We have won several consecutive championship games. We have been inches away from winning the superbowl. I feel like getting rid of Harbaugh and/or Kaepernick would be just throwing this all away. The Bears signed Cutler to a record breaking contract for freaks sake. CUTLER!!! I think we can all agree that Kap is a better QB than Cutler.
[ Edited by cwr327 on Dec 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
DC. Tomsula

Really? You want Tomsula as the DC? Over Fangio? If they get rid of Fangio on top of Harbaugh, these buffoons in the front office are even dumber than I thought they were.
this times infinity,, that is one movie we have seen before,, no bring in fresh people with fresh ideas, if they want to bring in their own people that is their right
Window is closed. Balke and harbaugh & staff all need to GTFO FAST!!! York Needs a Team President with a GM under him and an offensive minded HC to rework this offense and for all the Good Fangio has done with the defense, I would Like a Fresh start on defense with someone else too because I feel even though the team is #3 in defense that the team doesn't create enough turnovers and is very vanilla playing soft off coverage way way too much for my liking.
DC. Tomsula

LOL, just kill me now.
Share 49ersWebzone