LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Has our window closed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With Harbaugh almost surely gone and Kaepernick being a big question mark, has our superbowl window closed? I don't follow this forum much and I don't think ditching Harbaugh OR Kaepernick is a good idea AT ALL. But apparently the media and some fans believe they are on their way out after the season. Where does this leave us? Do you see us winning a superbowl in the next few years? We have the talent, we just can't seem to get it going on offense. Is it Roman? Is it Harbaugh? Is it Kap? Is it the Yorks? I don't understand.
[ Edited by cwr327 on Dec 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Possibly. A lot of things are up in the air because the team will look radically different next year based on our coaching hire. There will undoubtedly be cap casualties as well. And the new coach will want to bring in players to fit his system.

Hard to say until we see how this offseason plays out.
No... for some players, that windows has closed, but not for the 49ers...

I feel confident with Baalke's drafts, outside of a few players who just didn't really make the cut... but I blame that on coaching. AJ Jenkins could have been good, but Johnny Morton? Another drafted RB just magically decides he doesn't want to play in the NFL?

But Carlos Hyde looks like the real deal when he settles down a little bit... Borland and Lynch look pretty good.. as does most of the replacements who have been playing on D.

He managed to get Boldin for an amazing price, and pick up some great FA's in the offseasons while stockpiling draft picks.

That's a recipe for success.

Basically, the foundation is in place to remain a contender every year. We just need a good coaching staff who can handle the coaching and strategy aspects of the game.
I guess I'm just curious as to why Harbaugh would be on the cutting block. A lot of people have issues with his attitude which I understand, but there's not doubt he was instrumental in turning a team of losers into a team of champions. I know there's talk about issues with him and management. Are Harbaugh and Baalke not seeing eye-to-eye or is it something else?
Far from closed
not if we bring in kubiak
Closed?

Open or closed, the building is on fire......

• Chief
  • Veteran
tighter than a nuns cat.
Depends on who the next coach is

• kray28
  • Veteran
Not just closed....slammed shut.
Originally posted by cwr327:
I guess I'm just curious as to why Harbaugh would be on the cutting block. A lot of people have issues with his attitude which I understand, but there's not doubt he was instrumental in turning a team of losers into a team of champions. I know there's talk about issues with him and management. Are Harbaugh and Baalke not seeing eye-to-eye or is it something else?

Are you seeing eye-to-eye with Harbaugh's offensive philosophy?
So I'm guessing this means Harbaugh is gone. I don't understand why management would ditch Harbaugh and keep Roman. Let's get a new OC and see how that goes before we throw the baby out with the bath water.
Originally posted by 16for6:
Are you seeing eye-to-eye with Harbaugh's offensive philosophy?

The offense sucks ass, that much is clear, but doesn't Roman get part of the blame?
  • dj43
There is still a lot of talent on this team. Is there enough after rumored possible retirements, legal actions (Aldon), and free agent departures (Crabtree?) to make another run?

I'm not sure about all that. What I am sure about is that unless the assumed new HC/OC can get Kaepernick playing at the level many expected him to play, the window will have closed. You just cannot go deep in the playoffs without better QB play.
Share 49ersWebzone