LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

Winding down the Harbaugh era...... Trust me the sky won't fall...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Found this comment from back in January of 2011.

Knew a woman once who told her guy she didn't want to marry him so she was going to see if she could find someone else. She looked around, didn't have any luck, and came back and married him. I always wondered why he took her. This is kinda the same thing. Harbaugh didn't seem to want the 49ers, looked around, didn't see anything better, and came back. Not a great beginning. That couple's marriage didn't last five years. Hope this works out better.

"Marriage" is the perfect choice here.
  • CMIO
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Where's this video? When did it happen?

Remember when VD cock-blocked Vance in the endzone vs the Rams, basically killing a sure touchdown? The blow-up happened on the sidelines after that play.

The difference in mechanics.

Vance = feet planted, using his hands to catch the ball at breast level, shoulders squared.

VD = hop in the air, ready to bring the ball into his stomach, shoulders 45 degrees from the ball.

Originally posted by CMIO:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Where's this video? When did it happen?

Remember when VD cock-blocked Vance in the endzone vs the Rams, basically killing a sure touchdown? The blow-up happened on the sidelines after that play.

The difference in mechanics.

Vance = feet planted, using his hands to catch the ball at breast level, shoulders squared.

VD = hop in the air, ready to bring the ball into his stomach, shoulders 45 degrees from the ball.

sad thing is even without getting each others way they both have an equal shot at dropping it #truth
Originally posted by crabman82:
sad thing is even without getting each others way they both have an equal shot at dropping it #truth

No truth there. If you watched the game. And I know most of us have, the pass was perfect to McDonald. McDonald yelled at VD immediately afterwards. This was not VD's year. And he may never have a good year again. He was frustrated that he didn't get an extension, for me personally I wouldn't want him at any price.
Originally posted by bayareafanatic1:
Originally posted by crabman82:

No truth there. If you watched the game. And I know most of us have, the pass was perfect to McDonald. McDonald yelled at VD immediately afterwards. This was not VD's year. And he may never have a good year again. He was frustrated that he didn't get an extension, for me personally I wouldn't want him at any price.

are you gonna act like vance mcdonald even with his proper technique doesnt drop every other pass his way? both of these tight ends have completely different techniques that often end up in the same result, a dropped pass. what i'm saying is remove vance and i'm not sure vd catches that. and remove vd and i'm not convinced vance catches that. nothing is a sure bet with either.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 27, 2014 at 9:27 PM ]
I hope the 49ers keep Harbaugh, and cleanup some coaches and players.
Too much to ask at this point, given all the media reports, but it would be very hard to get a better Head Coach at this point in time.

It would have been a whole diff world if Baalke and Harbaugh sorted out their issues as adults.

Life goes on.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
I hope the 49ers keep Harbaugh, and cleanup some coaches and players.
Too much to ask at this point, given all the media reports, but it would be very hard to get a better Head Coach at this point in time.

It would have been a whole diff world if Baalke and Harbaugh sorted out their issues as adults.

Life goes on.
Time to hit the back button to the front page and realize he is already gone to meeeeeeechigan
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Time to hit the back button to the front page and realize he is already gone to meeeeeeechigan

I think we can all agree that we appreciate what Jim did for our Niners. Too much dysfunction and loss of control now though. We have the pieces to win now. No rookie coaches, no first time HC. Bring in experience, let Fangio do his thing. Draft Oline, speed WR and DE.

This year the superbowl is at Levi. Lets worked towards #6 in front of the home crowd. Bring back Gore one more year in a backup role.
YEP

sky not falling ,but the trapdoor to the gutter is creeking open
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Whoever bumped this, you're my hero!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No the sky won't fall. It's just back to Erickson, Nolan, Singletary types and 2 - 14 years. But it will certainly be great for our draft position. The Draft Forum will blow up because we will have high picks every year.

A f**king prophet, a fortune teller, a god damned searer of the future!

Of ores I agreed then, and would laugh at the blind followers now...if it did hurt so much to be right!
Bahaha

So much knowledge bombs dropped in this thread.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I WAS ON HARBAUGH'S JOCK BUT HE'S BEEN TOTALLY CHECKED OUT THIS YEAR. DEION WAS RIGHT, JOE STALEY WAS RIGHT. THE SCHEMING AND LACK OF ADJUSTMENTS AND AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL CLOCK MANAGEMENT/ILLEGAL FORMATIONS AND LACK OF IDENTITY. FOR ME I WANT A WHOLE HOUSE CLEANING. I WANT A NEW ENTIRE COACHING STAFF AND NEW GM WHO DOESN'T PUT EMPHASIS ON ACL DRAFTEES. MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH ALL THIS REDSHIRTING CRAP???? HOW THE HELL DOES SEATTLE FIND A LUKE WILLSON IN THE 5TH ROUND AND YET HIS COLLEGE TEAMEATE VANCE MAC 2ND ROUNDER FUMBLES AND BUMBLES?

THIS NEEDS A NEW HOUSE CLEANING. START WITH A NEW TEAM PRESIDENT THEN A NEW GM AND THEN A NEW COACH.

Found this on page 2. Guess what the same applies this year. We are f*cked...
Share 49ersWebzone