Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by susweel:
Yorks, lol

Yeah man, the parents are some of the worst. But Jed hasn't done anything of the sort since being in charge. He's done very well actually.

Lets see now his dad fired a good coach in Mooch, and now the son is firing a good coach.

History seems to be repeating itself.

I think what they do next will really define the situation.

Yes of course but history says it will be a step down.

Or it could be a step up like what happened with Tampa Bay. As long as the new HC isn't a complete moron, they are going to be a playoff team next season if everyone is relatively healthy and the defensive staff largely remains intact.
This thread is pure nonsense. Of course it's the front office's fault. The front office is in charge. And, the front office is about to do something I don't know that I've ever seen in the NFL.

For evidently personal reasons, they are going to fire a coach who has the best winning percentage in the NFL over the last three years. Sorry, front office defenders, but that's bat-guano crazy. It's just lazy-minded, son-of-a-billionaire thinking. That's all I see at this point. You don't like Jim Harbaugh? Great. Join the club. But, don't try to pretend he hasn't been effective. Don't try to pretend that the fact that he will be the most sought after head coaching prospect in the league doesn't say something about what you're doing in the first place.

This all may turn out okay for the team, but right now, I think it sucks azz big-time.
Yorks, lol

Yeah man, the parents are some of the worst. But Jed hasn't done anything of the sort since being in charge. He's done very well actually.

Lets see now his dad fired a good coach in Mooch, and now the son is firing a good coach.

I think what they do next will really define the situation.

You mean like when Jimmy Johnson left the Cowgirls and Switzer took over?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Or it could be a step up like what happened with Tampa Bay. As long as the new HC isn't a complete moron, they are going to be a playoff team next season if everyone is relatively healthy and the defensive staff largely remains intact.

Harbaugh ranks #1 in the NFL in winning football games among active coaches. In order for it to be a step up this new coach would have to win at a more frequent pace than every current coach in football. Not likely but I applaud your optimism.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yorks, lol

Harbaugh fired himself. He'd be the FIRST to tell you HE failed. He hand-picked the QB he wanted, wanted some more WR's, etc. and Baalke not only got him what HE wanted but added much depth as well. And in the end, HIS offense ranks 28th. Period. The job Fangio did with a myriad of critical injuries/suspensions just magnifies how poor HaRoman's offense was and it was a collective fail by every single player (not one player like some seem to believe). THAT is 100% on coaching/development/offensive philosophy. Had HaRoman been able to establish even an average offense (points scoring), we'd be a 2-to-4 loss team. That's it.

This continues to be my point. But people keep latching onto the media hype.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Harbaugh ranks #1 in the NFL in winning football games among active coaches. In order for it to be a step up this new coach would have to win at a more frequent pace than every current coach in football. Not likely but I applaud your optimism.

I think he's talking about a step up from what this season gave us.
Originally posted by crake49:
This thread is pure nonsense. Of course it's the front office's fault. The front office is in charge. And, the front office is about to do something I don't know that I've ever seen in the NFL.

For evidently personal reasons, they are going to fire a coach who has the best winning percentage in the NFL over the last three years. Sorry, front office defenders, but that's bat-guano crazy. It's just lazy-minded, son-of-a-billionaire thinking. That's all I see at this point. You don't like Jim Harbaugh? Great. Join the club. But, don't try to pretend he hasn't been effective. Don't try to pretend that the fact that he will be the most sought after head coaching prospect in the league doesn't say something about what you're doing in the first place.

This all may turn out okay for the team, but right now, I think it sucks azz big-time.

No, they are firing a coach b/c his offense has TOTALLY been figured out and ranks 28th. NOT b/c of personal reasons. IF we had an average offense who was hard to work with but we ran deep into the playoffs again in a year where we CLEARLY had the most talent of his own tenure, we would not be here. Period.

Harbaugh, literally, fired himself. You are absolving ALL responsibility on a coach that was known to have an innovative offense with his own hand-picked QB and regressed during a year Baalke gave him everything he needed to be well above average...and HIS offense regressed. Period.

This FO is doing what any employer would do with an employee that failed despite being set up for big time success.

No, they are firing a coach b/c his offense has TOTALLY been figured out and ranks 28th. NOT b/c of personal reasons. IF we had an average offense who was hard to work with but we ran deep into the playoffs again in a year where we CLEARLY had the most talent of his own tenure, we would not be here. Period.

Harbaugh, literally, fired himself. You are absolving ALL responsibility on a coach that was known to have an innovative offense with his own hand-picked QB and regressed during a year Baalke gave him everything he needed to be well above average...and HIS offense regressed. Period.

This FO is doing what any employer would do with an employee that failed despite being set up for big time success.

Exactly. I have still yet to see what the front office has done that doomed our season. They have done their job well. What more could they have done for Harbaugh?
Originally posted by Buchy:
I agree - the FO has no reason to play bully in this, Harbaugh has been winning but falling short. If he'd been willing to change there would be no story here.

This. If he had fired Roman and got a new OC and NEW offensive philosophy this wouldn't be an issue.

And let's not fail to recognize Harbaugh's pattern of "moving on." This could VERY well have been initiated by Harbaugh himself. This could be a very mutual partnership to build together in the beginning as much as it is time to move on now.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Yorks, lol

Harbaugh fired himself. He'd be the FIRST to tell you HE failed. He hand-picked the QB he wanted, wanted some more WR's, etc. and Baalke not only got him what HE wanted but added much depth as well. And in the end, HIS offense ranks 28th. Period. The job Fangio did with a myriad of critical injuries/suspensions just magnifies how poor HaRoman's offense was and it was a collective fail by every single player (not one player like some seem to believe). THAT is 100% on coaching/development/offensive philosophy. Had HaRoman been able to establish even an average offense (points scoring), we'd be a 2-to-4 loss team. That's it.

This continues to be my point. But people keep latching onto the media hype.

I think a big reason some posters choose to ignore these details is it punches truck size holes in their Fire Baalke / Cut Kaepernick positions. They can't have those two beliefs exist in the same universe that an objective detailed assessment the offense.

So, they ignore some of the very obvious maladies and laud examples which scream confirmation bias; excluding context from each supporting point.

Absolutely correct NC!
When this drama is over and JH is gone - I really hope the truth comes out so I can send a letter to that clone Terry Bradshaw so he can get the facts straight.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

How many Superbowls has Harbaugh won?

Okay, that would be a step up.

I could give a s**t about overall record. Marty Schottenheimer has one of the best W-L records in NFL history, better than Parcells and Walsh.....ill still take the guys with rings.
Share 49ersWebzone