LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Stop Blaming the Front Office

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GORO
  • Veteran
When John Harbaugh signed his extension with the Ravens. I read some where that He told John that he should have held out for more. So I believe that the 49ers offered a raise but Harbaugh wanted 8 million a year. So no compromise now Jim may be out. I do blame the management for never killing the distractions and then adding to it via twitter.
Originally posted by GORO:
When John Harbaugh signed his extension with the Ravens. I read some where that He told John that he should have held out for more. So I believe that the 49ers offered a raise but Harbaugh wanted 8 million a year. So no compromise now Jim may be out. I do blame the management for never killing the distractions and then adding to it via twitter.

What did they say on Twitter?
The common denominator during the York ownership period, whether it be with John or Jed at the helm, is that this team is never free from drama. John fired a successful coach in Mariucci, then went onto the Erickson, Nolan, Singletary disaster. Jed's tenure has been filled with drama as well, when it comes from the firing of Nolan and Singletary, to Singletary's hiring, to the hiring of Harbaugh, and now onto the incredible drama the last couple years. There's no such thing as a consistent, drama-free, steady ownership hand here. And that certainly is something carried over from the Debartolo years as well. Eddie D was a great owner, but he was also a firebrand and impatient. How many times did he "fire" Coach Walsh? It was certainly more than once. So no, the Front Office is not free from blame and they certainly have a hand in this year's disaster. And please stop praising Baalke as if he's the best GM ever. Just look at his track record when it comes to drafting offensive skill players. It's kinda bad.

I swear, the way this forum operates, you'd think it's a bunch of teenage girls obsessing over different guys.
Originally posted by mato49er:
The common denominator during the York ownership period, whether it be with John or Jed at the helm, is that this team is never free from drama. John fired a successful coach in Mariucci, then went onto the Erickson, Nolan, Singletary disaster. Jed's tenure has been filled with drama as well, when it comes from the firing of Nolan and Singletary, to Singletary's hiring, to the hiring of Harbaugh, and now onto the incredible drama the last couple years. There's no such thing as a consistent, drama-free, steady ownership hand here. And that certainly is something carried over from the Debartolo years as well. Eddie D was a great owner, but he was also a firebrand and impatient. How many times did he "fire" Coach Walsh? It was certainly more than once. So no, the Front Office is not free from blame and they certainly have a hand in this year's disaster. And please stop praising Baalke as if he's the best GM ever. Just look at his track record when it comes to drafting offensive skill players. It's kinda bad.

I swear, the way this forum operates, you'd think it's a bunch of teenage girls obsessing over different guys.
On Trent Baalke. Please tell me since 2011 in what individual years did any three teams have a better assembly of talent than us? This tells me Trent Baalke is likely a top 3 GM in this league
I'm guessing the Hawks since they continue to beat us
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Geeked:
At the end of the day, it's becoming apparent that some fans don't really want Harbaugh... they want the idealized version of Harbaugh, the version that only exists in myth. Fact is, this TEAM made it to the championship, not one coach, not one QB, not one RB....

Harbaugh entered at just the right time to exploit the talent that was here, but he didn't do enough on the offensive side of the ball to maximize what could have been. Roman is a poor choice in coordinators, and he refuses to acknowledge this failure. This has cost the team a great deal this year and will next year if something isn't done.

Harbaugh is being let go for failing to do what he's been asked... make sound decisions on the field and in the coaching staff.

Nice summary.

great job by geek in my opinion
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I wonder if the implosion is intentional. I mean we are on top & can't land top 10-15 draft picks. Are key guys are older now & lost a step or two.
Gonna be in coach # 4 in 10 years iirc

#3 in 8 years (if just counting baalke alone)

#instability
Share 49ersWebzone