LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Favorite Harbaughism

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hopefully I NEVER have to hear "Who's got it better than we do?" again as long as I live.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by mod:
Its disappointing it happened this quickly, but we all new there would be a point when Harbaugh would run out of friends.

I think it's unfortunate that people keep referencing up the personality conflict issue. I'm sure there is one but it's completely irrelevant to why Harbs is getting fired. The bottom line is that the offense sucks and has sucked for 3 years out of 4. That alone is reason enough to fire Harbs. Pointing to any other reason is ignoring the only thing that matters, results. The offense hasn't delivered and Harbs stuck out his neck for Roman because they are one and the same. Anyone who doesn't understand that by now hasn't been paying attention.

I agree with all of this, except the offense has sucked all 4 years. Even when we had success running the football, the passing game was weak and the offense simply didn't put up enough points.

The ball control offense works wonderfully, as long as everything else goes your way (special teams, defensive play and turnovers) - especially turnovers. If any of that goes wrong, there's a strong chance that you haven't put up enough points to overcome it because a run-first offense rarely puts up big point totals. You need to be able to do both, not just run.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
none of them are funny anymore
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
CHARACTER & CRUELTY
- Gobble, gobble jive turkey
- My destiny lies with these men within these walls
- I don't take vacations. I don't get sick. I don't observe major holidays. I'm a jack hammer.
- I shook his hand too hard. I mean I really went in and it was strong and kind of a slap-grab-handshake. … So, that was on me.
- ...with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
- I'm quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson there.
- I was and still am happier than a pig in slop.

... and so many others. Harbaugh's press conferences were classic performance art. I'm going to miss them.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
- Gobble, gobble jive turkey
- My destiny lies with these men within these walls
- I don't take vacations. I don't get sick. I don't observe major holidays. I'm a jack hammer.
- I shook his hand too hard. I mean I really went in and it was strong and kind of a slap-grab-handshake. … So, that was on me.
- ...with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
- I'm quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson there.
- I was and still am happier than a pig in slop.

... and so many others. Harbaugh's press conferences were classic performance art. I'm going to miss them.
i miss the days when we would get a half time lead and you knew we were going to win. sorry those things are not as sexy as your little jh soundclips during a presser
Share 49ersWebzone