LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

The 2014 San Francisco 49ers Timeline

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i dont care who the 49ers QB is...but theres only so much BS i can take.

Lol that's cool. But this is an online forum.

forum - noun / a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
Originally posted by JedYorkie:
no fits, is it not true ?

You need to calm down bro, there's like a handful of people at most who put the blame all on Kap. The whole world ain't out to get you and your man.

You take any "knock" on Kap too personally bro, you're too invested in this guy to be objective, IMO.
i dont care who the 49ers QB is...but theres only so much BS i can take.
Here's what I know. Colin Kaepernick is one of the worst QB's in the league. Look at every QB category and you'll see he's around the likes of
Derek Carr, Alex Smith, and Teddy Bridgewater. That's pretty garbage!!
Originally posted by SisterFister:
This timeline is mind blowing. What bothers me even more is this.

49ers-Bears L 28-20 (Frank Gore 13 carries, Carlos Hyde 4 carries)
49ers-Cardinals L 23-14 (Up 14-6 at halftime) (Frank Gore 6 carries, Carlos Hyde 3 carries)
49ers-Rams L 13-10 (Frank Gore 14 carries, Carlos Hyde 2 carries)
49ers-Raiders L 24-13 (Frank Gore 12 carries, Carlos Hyde 2 carries)

Despite everything in this timeline, this season was lost when we abandoned our identity from the get go. I firmly believe if we ran the ball at least 25 times in each of these ball games no matter the results of the carries we are 11-3 today, in first place. It's really hard to swallow how poorly this team was managed on the offensive side of the football. The running game was abandoned too early in games this year. It was never given a chance to succeed.

Completely correct. If we just ran more and didn't throw or take sacks to kill drives while at least in fg range, we win those 4 games pretty easily and we are in position to have the NUMBER ONE SEED IN THE NFC. despite our struggles on offense, the OL And play calling is the culprit. Kap would of done a good job as a manager like Wilson this year handing off and winning. But no, roman is a complete moron.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's been a s**tty year.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Completely correct. If we just ran more and didn't throw or take sacks to kill drives while at least in fg range, we win those 4 games pretty easily and we are in position to have the NUMBER ONE SEED IN THE NFC. despite our struggles on offense, the OL And play calling is the culprit. Kap would of done a good job as a manager like Wilson this year handing off and winning. But no, roman is a complete moron.

Sometimes a part me feels like the FO could have played a part in this. While we won plenty of games the previous 3 seasons, nobody was satisfied with the offense, including management.

They could have pressured the coaching staff into shifting toward a more sexy, passing based offense. Become more explosive. Show off the new franchise QB and WR depth. Harbaugh strongly disagrees but is forced to comply, and that right there is the cause of the internal strife. A difference in offensive philosophy that cost us games.

Just a theory, but it makes some sense on a few levels.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Harbaugh and Roman wanted to open the offense up, never realizing that Kap would regress so horrifically. The front office than asked Harbaugh to go back to the run first offense and that's where Harbaugh and the front office clashed with the FO wanting Roman out and Harbaugh stubbornly backing Roman all the way to the point where the front office had no choice but to decide to let Harbaugh go. Just my take.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Harbaugh and Roman wanted to open the offense up, never realizing that Kap would regress so horrifically. The front office than asked Harbaugh to go back to the run first offense and that's where Harbaugh and the front office clashed with the FO wanting Roman out and Harbaugh stubbornly backing Roman all the way to the point where the front office had no choice but to decide to let Harbaugh go. Just my take.

That's certainly possible as well. We'll never know who said what, but it's clear the disconnect has everything to do with the offense.

It's just so odd tho. This offensive approach is the complete opposite of what Harbaugh ran in Stanford and his first 3 seasons with the 49ers. Even when he had Andrew Luck, he was still staunchly devoted to the run game. People thought they should have aired it out more, and he wouldn't. He was all about smash-mouth, Bo Schembechler football, with a sprinkle of Lindy Infante and Bill Walsh. I'm not sure what this offense is now. It's a weird hybrid, no identity, and it shows in the inconsistent play-calling.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
That's certainly possible as well. We'll never know who said what, but it's clear the disconnect has everything to do with the offense.

It's just so odd tho. This offensive approach is the complete opposite of what Harbaugh ran in Stanford and his first 3 seasons with the 49ers. Even when he had Andrew Luck, he was still staunchly devoted to the run game. People thought they should have aired it out more, and he wouldn't. He was all about smash-mouth, Bo Schembechler football, with a sprinkle of Lindy Infante and Bill Walsh. I'm not sure what this offense is now. It's a weird hybrid, no identity, and it shows in the inconsistent play-calling.

We'll never know what exactly happen, but it was the perfect storm. Between the player arrests, suspensions and player injuries, coupled with the Harbaugh and FO drama, it aligned perfectly, to the point where we are right now. It's a shame really, we should be excited about our team going into a new stadium and the Super Bowl at Levi's. Instead, we're in store for another transition period with a new coaching staff and player turnover.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 20, 2014 at 3:34 AM ]
Wow.... May June and July were actually pretty good months for us.
It was all a fix to make sure Harbaugh left so we wouldn't be in the superbowl and host it at the same time.

Originally posted by RED80_____HURRYHURRY:
Jan. 26, 2014: Guard Daniel Kilgore arrested for public intoxication.

Feb. 21, 2014: Reports surface that per multiple league sources, the Cleveland Browns nearly pulled off a trade with the 49ers for the rights to coach Jim Harbaugh

Mar. 28, 2014: Cornerback Chris Culliver charged with felony hit and run, misdemeanor reckless driving and felony possession of brass knuckles.

Apr. 11, 2014: Colin Kaepernick and two other NFL players are being investigated by Miami police about an incident involving a woman

Apr. 13, 2014: Linebacker Aldon Smith arrested for making false bomb threat at Los Angeles International Airport

Aug. 2, 2014: Nose tackle Glenn Dorsey out for the season with a torn bicep

Aug. 29, 2014: Aldon Smith has been suspended for the first nine games of the season for violating the NFL's personal conduct and substance abuse policies

Aug. 31, 2014: Defensive lineman Ray McDonald arrested on suspicion of felony domestic violence.

Sep. 29, 2014: Deion Sanders and "sources" says 49ers' players want Harbaugh out

Oct. 5, 2014: According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, he sees "no way" that Harbaugh remains the coach of the 49ers in 2015 and Harbaugh's style has "worn thin"
in the organization

Oct. 25, 2014: 49ers place Chris Cook, Daniel Kilgore on injured reserve

Nov. 3, 2014: Marcus Lattimore announce his retirement

Nov. 10 - 16, 2014: Players openly showing displeasure with their roles

Nov. 11, 2014: 49ers place Patrick Willis on injured reserve

Nov. 15, 2014: 49ers place Jimmie Ward on injured reserve

Nov. 17, 2014: 49ers place Ian Williams on injured reserve

Nov. 27, 2014: After another poor offensive outing, Not only did the CEO tweet, but Cassie Baalke takes to Twitter and shows her displeasure with offensive coordinator Greg Roman by tweeting, "The 49ers don't want you no more"

Dec. 7, 2014: The Oakland Raiders beat the San Francisco 49ers

Dec. 9, 2014: 49ers place Vance McDonald on injured reserve

Dec. 13, 2014: 49ers place NaVorro Bowman, Glenn Dorsey on injured reserve

Dec. 17, 2014: Defensive Lineman Ray McDonald is released by the 49ers shortly after claims of a "possible" sexual assault

Dec: 17, 2014: University of Michigan offers Jim Harbaugh a 6 year $48 million contract

All this, and two weeks left in the regular season. It has been a hell of a roller coaster of a season. With all the distractions of this season, the 49ers could easily be 13-1 or 12-2 right now. But as fate would have it, we are teetering at 7-7. I can not remember any team in recent history that has had a season like we have.

Depressing....
You forgot to add September 14 the day 49ers sell out and turn there back on the proud history of the team in San Francisco so Jed can profit and become a Silicon Valley billionaire.
Guys, I'll take the blame for this:

January 16, 2014 -- Arrived in Diego Garcia
January 19, 2014 - Watched 49ers lose to Seahawks in NFC Champ game in the middle of the night

The good news is that January 14, 2015 I leave DG.

I sacrificed a Niner season for personal gain, but now I'm ready to return to serving my team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dec. 7, 2014: The Oakland Raiders beat the San Francisco 49ers

lowest point of season
Originally posted by Raul98:
You forgot to add September 14 the day 49ers sell out and turn there back on the proud history of the team in San Francisco so Jed can profit and become a Silicon Valley billionaire.

Post like this make me shake my head. While I too would have preferred we stayed in SF, where would you have put the stadium?

And actually, forget that question. Answer this one. Do you honestly think that Jed would have made more money with this brand new stadium in Santa Clara than he would have made with the same stadium in San Francisco?

There is no way you can definitively answer that with a yes. Period.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Dec 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone