LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Pride

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well done fropwns. Thank you for using proper english and grammar, it makes reading it soo much easier, I actually read the whole thing and understood it!!

Lets hope these three guys can get their s**t together, bury their pride and carry this franchise forward. It is essentially all we can do.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
tl dr
Originally posted by susweel:
tl dr

Good.
Originally posted by fropwns:
We are measured on the decisions we make in life. I have made good ones, and I have made awful ones. So have you. So have all of us. Somewhere in the Bay Area, tonight, as the sun sets as it properly should across the bay of San Francisco, three men and their families are in a real pickle. A real pickle.

One is a young man barely old enough to have a mortgage by most American standards, but because of wealth and privilege, he owns the very team that anyone of us would kill for. He also carries with him a terrible weight.

His uncle was the greatest owner in the history of the franchise, and as I have mentioned before, his parents were the worst owners in its existence. Jed York is in the uncomfortable middle between mediocrity and absolute greatness. His record as owner has followed this pattern. He takes over, signs Harbs, goes to the NFC title game, loses. Next year, they start Kap and make the run to the Super Bowl, but again, they lose--first time in franchise history that it happens. The following year, they go back to the NFC title game and lose a bloodbath against the Seahawks. This year, we all know the score, the offense can't move the ball consistently, can't score in the fourth quarter. Can't do s**t. We got guys getting hurt on the way to the f**king team bus or at least it feels that way. Media-s**t storm is whipping this whole situation into a frenzy. He rarely does anything to support his coach and, in fact, tweets a cryptic, but not cryptic, but definitely cryptic tweet about the unacceptable nature of this season.

Pride is getting in the way of the logical. Before your coach, you sucked donkey balls with many of the same players, with him, you are no longer a door mat.

In another home, I suspect things are equally tense. In this home, a young daughter takes to twitter, instantly transforming her into the darling of Niner nation, and lambastes Greg Roman ala Joe Dirt.

"Nobody likes you no more, Dirt! So take your three yards and a cloud of dirt offense and shove it up your ass!"

Trent Baalke has been around the block, been made fun of ala Perfect Strangers and quite possibly thinks he is more important than he really is. Hey, its his right to think that way. Look at me. s**t, I think half of you give a s**t what I say or why I say it. In the end, we are all entitled to a little self-inflated ego. Baalke's drafts have been swing or homerunish or in some cases still under review. And while he can't pick a wide receiver to save his ass (or we can't develop one), he has done what he needed to do to protect the future of the organization. In other words, he is a risk taker. Sometimes it works, other times it don't. But is he right now taking the biggest risk of his career?

Jim Harbaugh has never won a National title at the collegiate level or a World Championship in the pros as a player or as a coach. He came his closest two years ago. By all accounts, the man is a throwback. He would rather remain fashionably unfashionable, would rather remain persistently pugnacious towards the media, would rather remain stupefyingly stubborn on personnel and his coaching staff then change.

And in some ways, we all love him for it. His "I don't give a fuuuuuuu" attitude and his absolute loyalty are awesome. But, if we are honest, dogged loyalty in the face of certain failure is not inspiring, it is stupid. Captain Comeback doesn't strike me as dumb. Poor dresser, yes. f**king regressing as a human being? Not a chance. Not a f**king chance. And if his beef is over a contract, his staff choices, a beef with his GM,or some weird combination of all of the above then he lacks the common sense God grants to those who have been given a tremendous gift.

I despise conspiracies. They are often rooted in fear and innuendo. They pray on the desperate and the scared. To an extent, I think all of this has been fueled by the desperate search for "more clicks". "More clicks", "more ratings", and "more headlines" makes advertisers wet themselves. However, I do not believe the media created this buffet of misery. I blame these three men, who, I believe love this franchise and importantly love the city of San Francisco. How can I be so sure? Because they are acting like children throwing fits over their prospective reputations after the fallout of this year. Maybe, just maybe, if I piss all three off enough they will come back together to just prove me wrong.

At the very least, all three, stand in awe of Bill Walsh and Eddie Debartlo. Why? Because those motherf**kers had the audacity to bury their pride and work together and win. Winning is audacious. Succeeding in life is audacious. You got to step up or step out. That isn't just coach speak that is the truth, young grasshopper. If you want the "brass ring" whatever it is for you. You have to go and get it. I know some of you know this, while others are just learning. Let me be your guide, young man, young woman, go after your dreams and bury your pride along the way. Because you will fail, but if you keep at it, you will break through.

When I watch this organization, I cannot help but think that pride, pride of each man involved in the conducting and running of the team has blinded all three to a grim reality: they are better off together than they ever will be a part. I am not saying each one cannot be successful and even win someday. But right now, together, they have the best opportunity to consistently do so.

Quite frankly, I am very tired of the shenanigans and equally weary of the idea that we must throw away a good thing. Adjust it, sure. Throw it out like yesterday's rubbish? That is silly. That is pride talking.

Jed, Trent, and Jim, "At the end of the season, you might feel a slight sting. That's pride f**kin' with you. f**k pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that s**t. 'Cause a year from now, when you kicking it in Santa Clara with the Lombardi Trophy, you gonna say to yourself, "Fropwns was right.""

I am Fropwns

Brilliant post! Thank you so much for saying what so many other doomsayers refuse to say!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Baalke = Bad.

York = Worse.

Harbaugh = Great.

This is one of those doomsayers and he has been one for years!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Read the whole thing and agree 100%

Pride is getting in the way, and all 3 men are at fault. Because it's sure not about wins and losses anymore. Offense stinks but it can be fixed if they put their brains together.

Despite the down year, this 4 year run with Harbs beats the hell out of 2003-2010. Don't want this to end. We just need to re-tool and return with Harbs. We'll be right back in SB contention.

On point.

It's not like Harbaugh forgot how to coach a team. He has had success everywhere and this is really his first year where things went south. I think this starts with the FO - whoever is leaking s**t to the media should be fired. That's Jed's job and stop posting dumb s**t on Twitter. Regardless of how much dysfunctional is within the management - it shouldn't get out. Then Baalke and Harbaugh have to figure out how to make things work between them and finally - Harbaugh has to realize that he must make some changes and Roman has to be let go.

Let the season end,and cooler heads prevail. Don't kill a golden goose and that applies for everyone involved in this decision.
Damn I wish it were that easy. Its terrible to watch happen, especially when we are all so sure its as simple as putting differences aside. Will we ever know the real story? Probably not.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Our best chance at playing in and winning the almighty Super Bowl 50 is by them sticking together

You quoted that entire materpiece to post this one line!?
  • Jiks
Pride... Still wearing my Niners s**t after we lost to the Raiders.

Originally posted by Chief:
You quoted that entire materpiece to post this one line!?

Seemed like a good idea at the time from my mobile
It's pride that has Harbaugh still in an offensive system that doesn't bring out the best in Kaepernick.
He'll do it his way even if he loses games. I keep hearing about how competitive he is. But we didn't see
it in games that mattered. 2 NFC title games and a SuperBowl. All losses. Looks like a
Marty Schottenheimer or Andy Reid type. Can get you to the playoffs but he can't finish.
This year he has one of the worst offenses in the NFL. See where this foolish pride will get you.
Share 49ersWebzone