LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

Fangio, guys please!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why is everybody on fangio jock, his defense never make key stops! Don't believe the hype in my public enemy voice! The guy is average at best! Superior talent is what has made him look as descent as he has looked at times. Remember the SB! His defense was Horrific! In Big games just look at when the 49ers need a stop, he will call a dumb defensive call! The seahawks know what our defensive call is before we call it.
[ Edited by Thirstyfor49ers14 on Dec 18, 2014 at 7:00 PM ]
You should create more threads
Um, yeah, he can be too conservative at times. But he is starting to take a few more chances over the last year. I am thinking about the Bowman pick against Atlanta -- nice call to send Reid and generate the pressure on Ryan.

SO the achilles heel is no pass rush for us, and that he hasn't been willing to think outside the box on this.

But, I think he's grown a little in that regard.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um, yeah, he can be too conservative at times. But he is starting to take a few more chances over the last year. I am thinking about the Bowman pick against Atlanta -- nice call to send Reid and generate the pressure on Ryan.

SO the achilles heel is no pass rush for us, and that he hasn't been willing to think outside the box on this.

But, I think he's grown a little in that regard.

He's gotten a little bit better is not good enough for me!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I will my threads are alot better than yours!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thirstyfor49ers14:

I will my threads are alot better than yours!

but you do not have as many little red boxes filled up
I don't really like him either. I hate seeing our DBs 10yds deep on 3rd and 5 and watching the opposing QB complete 1st downs all game long.
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on Dec 18, 2014 at 7:18 PM ]
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
I don't really like him either. I hate seeing our DBs 10yds deep on 3rd and 5 and watching the opposing QB complete 1st downs all game long.

but that's the 49er way man. since when have you seen a 49er DB play man to man up on the line? been since the 80's. We have little DB's so we have to make up for it somewhere but it's also the style he philosophy...give them the little dink N dunks all day, but not the deep ball.
Jesus
Fangio's defense with the b squad this year kept us from drafting in the top 5 next year.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Let's see. Bowman, Willis, A.Smith, Brock and Dorsey were lost for over half the season. We're still a top 10 defense. That's your clue why everyone wants him to stay.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Fangio actually adjusted to injuries. Fangio doesn't just do the same s**t over and over again expecting something to change. Fangio's defense never singlehandedly lost us games. The list goes on...
This thread lacks any supporting logic. Thought it may be sarcasm but if it isn't than I question what you have been watching? This year should solidify how great he is. His defenses have maximized talent. Look at the guys who left like Soap and Goldson. Their best years are in his system. They leave and fade away. If our offense had a coach equal to his talents we would be making a run for our fourth straight Super Bowl.

The defense played well enough to win in 2011 and 2013. The Ravens and Bold in made some great plays and Special teams didn't do us any favors in 2012. Also, the offense had what 3 or 4 turnovers in the Super Bowl. That loss was not on the defense or its coach.

Needless to say I am on team Fangio for HC

A thirsty troll. DISGUSTING!!
Share 49ersWebzone