LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

Are we becoming the Jets?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
After Super Bowl and 2 NFCC I feel like we are becoming the Jets.

Jet made 2 AFCC had a young promising QB and probowlers on defense and on offensive line. The defense was one of the best in the league but the offense lost a key experienced lineman in Faneca (Goodwin) and even the probowlers in Mangold and Ferguson started to struggle (Staley/ Iupati) and the one tackle spot was terrible (Martin). They lost WR to injuries and declining play in Holmes, Plax, and Edwards. (Crabtree and Davis) . The power run game of T Jones wasn't resigned (Gore). Even a strong head coach with an unconventional attitude who had early success was taking loss after loss to a QB who took too many hit and ended up making too many poor decisions. Each year the defense was still respectable but the offense kept losing more and more games.

Only difference is ownership liked the coach and the coach was will go to change OCs so got to keep his job for a few more years but the GM was tossed.

Don't be surprised if the new staff makes Kap but fumble and brings in Manziel (Tebow) after the Browns cut him next year.
Worse. We are becoming the Yorks. Harbaugh was not good enough for them.

So another decade of Erickson, Nolan and Singletary types awaits us. You will see.
Yes.
No. The Jets stuck with Rex Ryan far too long
I was hoping we were 90s Braves but we have yet to see
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
I was hoping we were 90s Braves but we have yet to see

This. Winning at least one and remaining in contention is better than ending up as the 2010s version of the 2000s Eagles or 1990s Bills
No.
Share 49ersWebzone