LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

All Injured/Practice Squad Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is truly unbelievable. All we're missing is a QB and a true SS. 15 are on I.R. alone.

This is a pretty epic lineup if you ask me!

Offense:
QB: ?
RB: Carlos Hyde; Kendall Hunter & Kendall Gaskins
H-Back: Derek Carrier
TE: Vance McDonald; Garrett Celek & Xavier Grimble
FB: Trey Millard
X: Kassim Osgood
Y (SLOT): Chuck Jacobs
Z: Lance Lewis
LOT: Luke Marquardt; Chris Martin
ROT: Alex Boone
LG: Brandon Thomas
RG: Fou Fonoti
C: Daniel Kilgore; Marcus Martin

Defense:
RDE: Lawrence Okoye
LDE: Kaleb Ramsey; Mike Purcell
NT: Glenn Dorsey; Ian Williams
WILL: Ahmad Brooks; Shane Skov; Chase Thomas
SAM: Aaron Lynch
MIKE: Patrick Willis; Chris Borland
TED: NaVorro Bowman
RCB: Chris Culliver; Chris Cook & Keith Reaser
LCB: Tramaine Brock; Perrish Cox
SLOT/NICKLE: Kenneth Acker
FS: Jimmie Ward
SS: Eric Reid; Bubba Ventrone
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 27, 2014 at 7:42 PM ]
Don't forget Lattimore. This year has been a nightmare from injuries, to play on the field, to off the field issues.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Don't forget Lattimore. This year has been a nightmare from injuries, to play on the field, to off the field issues.

Just current players. But yeah, I forgot about him too!
I'd gladly take this line up over anything we trotted out from 2004-2010. 2009 would probably be the only team that could compete with this line up.

I can't remember a more snakebitten 49er team (health-wise) in the years I've been watching (1995 onwards).
Ridiculous. And some posters are claiming the injuries are just an excuse!
Originally posted by English:
Ridiculous. And some posters are claiming the injuries are just an excuse!

It's remarkable isn't it? Just a brutal brutal year re: injuries. And so many were untimely as well (VD and Gore/Hyde), etc.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
You put a lot of guys on the list that don't play much anyway. You could probably compile a like list for a lot of other teams. It is week 16 a lot of teams are beat up, football is a rough game. Most your injuries of higher level players are on defense, which is still playing decent. That list is just another excuse trying to deflect attention from the real major problem.
And, of course, the unavailability of Aldon Smith for 9 games.

This will be a season we won't forget in a hurry, although we might want to.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I'd gladly take this line up over anything we trotted out from 2004-2010. 2009 would probably be the only team that could compete with this line up.

I can't remember a more snakebitten 49er team (health-wise) in the years I've been watching (1995 onwards).

Seriously. That is a REALLY REALLY good lineup. And with Fangio and a new HC/OC, imagine what they could do with this group...
Originally posted by BobS:
You put a lot of guys on the list that don't play much anyway. You could probably compile a like list for a lot of other teams. It is week 16 a lot of teams are beat up, football is a rough game. Most your injuries of higher level players are on defense, which is still playing decent. That list is just another excuse trying to deflect attention from the real major problem.

I would LOVE to see any other teams list as well. I have little doubt you'd be hard pressed to find this many injuries (and the quality of them) across the board. I added in the current PS players (many have been moved up to the active 53) as well to give you an ideal of how many players we currently HAVE who are not contributing at this time d/t injuries (unavailability).
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 19, 2014 at 6:19 AM ]

I doubt whether any team could present an equivalent list. These are not scrubs and herberts. And the bulk of the top players have been out for some time. Not sure I understand your comment. I don't see how this is being presented in any way as an excuse.
Originally posted by English:

I doubt whether any team could present an equivalent list. These are not scrubs and herberts. And the bulk of the top players have been out for some time. Not sure I understand your comment. I don't see how this is being presented in any way as an excuse.

He hates CK. It's that simple...source of all our issues and he's a no-excuse kind of guy.

As to the bold, quite the opposite. It's absolutely INCREDIBLE how we are still ranked 3rd best defense (top 5 in every meaningful defensive category) WHILE we have all these injuries. Guys like Dial playing the NT spot, Johnson and McFadden at CB, Moody at ILB, now Tank at LDE, etc. Absolutely incredible.

As to the offense? It's pretty brutal when you are on your 3rd Center.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 19, 2014 at 7:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Probably the worst non performance related seasons i've seen of all time and it spilled over onto the field sadly.
If Tarell Brown was still on the team you could add him too as of just now. We're so f**ked with injuries this year even ex-Niners are put on IR.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If Tarell Brown was still on the team you could add him too as of just now. We're so f**ked with injuries this year even ex-Niners are put on IR.

I see Rogers went to IR Nov 29th so there is another one. Way too many injuries in the NFL these days; especially acl's. Where is nike, under armour, etc to help with those problems? Probably spending too much time making shiny uniforms and pretty helmets instead of worrying about pads and safety. With today's technology there has to be something to help with acl's and other injuries. Look at how slow and long it took to get improvements to the helmet and they still haven't really done that much with that. I guess pretty new uniforms designs makes money, research cost money.

Edit: and by the way why does it seem to always happen to the best/most important players. Why the hell cant the Craig Dahls of the team go down with season ending injuries?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone