LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks coaches Film analysis (week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I have posted here before that we should go on a Shanahan Denver like Stretch and Pick your holes running plays.. Tho Gore may have a hard time doing it now, this line blocking scheme will fit Hyde perfectly.. he's big, good speed, and will be physical enough to run over defender when he has to cut back..

This is how he ran under Urban Meyer, and the 49ers old's quick traps and pulling guards are now done... everyone is reading it and all the DL needs to do is just stay in their space for a few second and allow the 49er RB to come to them..

I agree Hyde was all about the Inside Zone in college. If the 49ers draft him and force him to adapt to a power run scheme, then it will be unknown territory for Hyde. Fortunately, I see the 49ers calling more zone blocking plays than I ever have in previous seasons under Harbaugh. As Hyde becomes the bell cow, I would expect the next staff to focus more on zone blocking than power blocking to play to Hyde's strength.

Right now, virtually every good run game in college or the pros is based on the Inside Zone or Zone Read. Our roster is perfect for it.
So the 49er just ripped off two chunk running plays (+28, +15). The next playcall should probably be another run play to try and continue to establish the run game, or playaction to take advantage of a SEA defense that is starting to creep forward to stop the run game. This is the first of three consecutive pass plays that had many of us scratching our heads (or facepalming).

Oh man is this case. I mean I'm sitting there telling the exact same thing to my cousin. It's like Roman goes full on potato. It's like he's scared that it's working.

Justin Smith is such a monster. Look what he does to the LT and LG. Please do NOT retire, Cowboy!
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Dec 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM ]
On the next 49ers possession, they would go 3 and out.

1st & 10
49ers call the first designed run for Kap of the game on a QB draw play.
SEA: cover3

Looks like he saw the DT about to shed Boone's block to the inside, and decided to break out right. He starts coming free right as Gore runs past. Too bad because that would have been a huge gain.
Originally posted by Niners816:
I really think there has been a missed opportunity with this coaching staff in not absolutely wearing out the following easy/high completion type plays:

- spider y banana
- spot concept w/ some Playaction
- PA slide

Each of these plays have a slight variation that would have been nicely exploited especially on early downs. I think with some creative personnel we could have gotten pretty much anyone evolved early in games.

Just some simple go-to plays...part of our passing foundation.
Let me just say one thing -- I think it's safe to say if we came into Century Link 100% healthy (and throughout the game) with a more cohesive organization (FO to Coaching to Players) from the start and with the game plan we had or better we would have smoked those chump Hawks to the tune of 24-7 or something.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yep...nothing special just easy completions stuff based off of run action that would have taken advantage of our considerable run lean on first down.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yep...nothing special just easy completions stuff based off of run action that would have taken advantage of our considerable run lean on first down.

This is what we can hope for with the next HC/OC. I just want an OC who can really focus on first down production. Is the key...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HAH.. i don't see Kaep laughing after this scramble the way he laughed at the Rams (1st game)..

What happened Dolphin Fan??
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Let me just say one thing -- I think it's safe to say if we came into Century Link 100% healthy (and throughout the game) with a more cohesive organization (FO to Coaching to Players) from the start and with the game plan we had or better we would have smoked those chump Hawks to the tune of 24-7 or something.

It's just sucks that we will never know. Injuries really robbed us of a very special season. If healthy, this roster had the look of a 13-3 or 14-2 type squad.

Sacked for -3 (Brooks). Punt.

Seeing aldon is an auto oh s**t moment.

I have no complaints really about this game plan minor adjustments and some times they could have done more. maybe some urgency but this is the game plan we should have run when we were actually healthy.
This team can do it if its given the opportunity to.
I've seen Kap make the correct throw on the Spot concept many many times. That's why it was so upsetting that he went potato on the OAK first play from scrimmage. It's not that he doesn't know what to do when executing Spot, it's that in that instance that he ran it versus OAK, he just about did everything wrong.

I think after Seattle and then the OAK game he put everything on himself to be perfect or else.
I think after Oak we will see a new Kap that understands he won't be perfect he just has to be consistent and his play will showcase as such.

Believe it or not a corner has been turned that will make him and this team reach that next level.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
So the 49er just ripped off two chunk running plays (+28, +15). The next playcall should probably be another run play to try and continue to establish the run game, or playaction to take advantage of a SEA defense that is starting to creep forward to stop the run game. This is the first of three consecutive pass plays that had many of us scratching our heads (or facepalming).

Oh man is this case. I mean I'm sitting there telling the exact same thing to my cousin. It's like Roman goes full on potato. It's like he's scared that it's working.

Yea the entire problem has been the flow of the game. there are times he has done it he just never does it consistently for an entire contest.. that's what we need.

the 2nd half of the atlanta game last season and the 1st half of the cardinals game last season was roman at his peak and what the offense could and should have been going forward.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
I think after Seattle and then the OAK game he put everything on himself to be perfect or else.
I think after Oak we will see a new Kap that understands he won't be perfect he just has to be consistent and his play will showcase as such.

Believe it or not a corner has been turned that will make him and this team reach that next level.

Sure hope so. Sometimes you need to have that rock-bottom moment before you turn the corner. It worked for Alex, maybe the light bulb clicked for Kap after the Raider loss. His demeanor changed after that. Seemed more relaxed and at ease, and even in defeat against Seattle, he looked more comfortable. Hopefully he carries over this new attitude into the off-season and really ignores all the outside crap said about him. Just concentrate on being a smart QB.
It's just sucks that we will never know. Injuries really robbed us of a very special season. If healthy, this roster had the look of a 13-3 or 14-2 type squad.

then we have to do that next season. a humbling season so this group knows what it feels like to just not be in the nfc championship might do every player coming back some good. work that much harder people won't hold out for selfish reasons like they don't need training camp
they won't come into camp overweight and work their way back into shape during the season
they won't put themselves in positions to be suspended for 9 games
the window is still wide open we have to burst through it
Share 49ersWebzone