LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Should we let Boldin go

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wut?

No.
Right now, he is the one holding people accountable for their effort. If he isn't here, who is going to do it? No NFL season doesn't have its downs and he is needed at those times more so than on the field. Q can stay here at his price until he wants to walk away. Nominated for the Walter Payton, he makes Crab 100% expendable. We just don't need 2 possession guys.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
at $6.9 million? It might be best to go young at the position and let the young ones take the reps.
we are not in a rebuilding mode.

I think if a new coaching regime is brought in (HC, OC, and DC), we partially will be. The new regime's scheme will dictate the personal they want. This is what I'm afraid of if Harbs/Fangio leaves. As for Boldin though, I think he's safe, he's the niners best WR. Mcdonald might be gone. I think the D should be safe.
No, we're letting Crabtree walk.
Originally posted by Baldie:
at $6.9 million? It might be best to go young at the position and let the young ones take the reps.

I think if a new coaching regime is brought in (HC, OC, and DC), we partially will be. The new regime's scheme will dictate the personal they want. This is what I'm afraid of if Harbs/Fangio leaves. As for Boldin though, I think he's safe, he's the niners best WR. Mcdonald might be gone. I think the D should be safe.

You THINK the D should be safe?

What a thread!!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
some of this threads really bother me
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think at 6.9, we should let Boldin go.. we can draft a WR, and have Stevie J, along the young and hungry Patton and Ellington...
He's getting old but he's the best part of our offense. Will we have even a "worse" passing game without him next year?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Dude is a beast and makes incredible catches. I say we keep him for 1-2 more years and have him groom the younger guys.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I just think that we can survive w/o him and his 6.9 million..

You still need a possession WR and since Crabs is probably gone then you have to keep him. If they keep Crabs, then i say Boldin is expendable.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Baldie:

You THINK the D should be safe?

What a thread!!

Exactly. This is getting better and better. I don't think Baalke would spend more than 2 minutes talking to anyone that would want to change our defense.

In regards to letting Anquan Boldin go (to the OP), what? He is not hindering the development of anyone. First off, we only have him one more season after this one. We're fine. The starting combination of Anquan Boldin and Stevie Johnson (two dependable vets) and 3 or 4 young guys to round out our group should be good enough. Also, with so many young guys in the mix, we may even have someone emerge that can earn a starting job next season whether it be through training camp or through production during the year. Hopefully whoever is coaching will have enough sense to start whoever the two best receivers are.

Jaelen Strong or Kevin White in the first and Phillip Dorsett in the 4th. We would have possession guys, slot guys, speed guys, and a nice mix of youth and veteran savvy.
Cut one of the only bright points of our offense this season... brilliant!
Stop posting OP.

I get dumber every time I read your posts.
Share 49ersWebzone