LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

What I would do to the Oline.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First I would let Iupati walk and I would trade Staley. I would put boone at LT and I would bench or trade ADavis. I would put Thomas the rookie from Clemson at RT. These moves gives us big athletic tackles. Center would be kilgore and the rg would be Marcus Martin he is big enough and athletic enough to be the rg. left guard needs to be Joe looney or if they keep Anthony Davis this could be his position.
This is a young athletic oline!
Originally posted by Thirstyfor49ers14:
First I would let Iupati walk and I would trade Staley. I would put boone at LT and I would bench or trade ADavis. I would put Thomas the rookie from Clemson at RT. These moves gives us big athletic tackles. Center would be kilgore and the rg would be Marcus Martin he is big enough and athletic enough to be the rg. left guard needs to be Joe looney or if they keep Anthony Davis this could be his position.

Staley has still been the best performer on this entire OL, year in and year out. I see absolutely no reason to move him anywhere, particularly since his contract is pretty damn reasonable for the caliber of lineman he is. Iupati can walk, for the money he'll be likely looking for, he isn't worth it. Dominant run blocker, mediocre pass blocker. At center the 49ers have Kilgore and Marcus Martin competing for the spot. I would put Davis inside at RG, move Boone to RT and have Thomas compete for a spot at guard along with Martin and Looney.
Let's just cut everyone and start fresh!

Building an OL is easy as hell.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Staley has still been the best performer on this entire OL, year in and year out. I see absolutely no reason to move him anywhere, particularly since his contract is pretty damn reasonable for the caliber of lineman he is. Iupati can walk, for the money he'll be likely looking for, he isn't worth it. Dominant run blocker, mediocre pass blocker. At center the 49ers have Kilgore and Marcus Martin competing for the spot. I would put Davis inside at RG, move Boone to RT and have Thomas compete for a spot at guard along with Martin and Looney.

Championship!
Its amazing how for years--and i mean YEARS, that we have just set the lineup at left tackle and forget about it. Its nothing short of unbelievable in just how good Staley has been and that he still is a fantastic player.

We have i think taken it for granted and underestimate how much he has meant to this team this decade. He always handles his business. No matter WHO we are getting ready to face opposite him, we dont worry about it.

Staley at LT and thats that
Bring back Larry Allen
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Thirstyfor49ers14:

I just think staley time is over and we can possibly get something for him while we can.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Its amazing how for years--and i mean YEARS, that we have just set the lineup at left tackle and forget about it. Its nothing short of unbelievable in just how good Staley has been and that he still is a fantastic player.

We have i think taken it for granted and underestimate how much he has meant to this team this decade. He always handles his business. No matter WHO we are getting ready to face opposite him, we dont worry about it.

Staley at LT and thats that
Do you see the way Staley gets treated when we play the seahawks? Enough said!
You're on a roll. Another stupid thread full of stupid suggestions by the thread starter.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Just replace Iupati with Thomas and leave the rest alone. They just need time together to gel.
Just swap Boone and Anthony Davis as many of us have mentioned numerous times. Make Boone the RT and AD the RG. Make Looney the Center and Martin the left guard and Kilgore off the bench reserve. This to me would be the best OLINE combo the 49ers can possibly dish out.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Just swap Boone and Anthony Davis as many of us have mentioned numerous times. Make Boone the RT and AD the RG. Make Looney the Center and Martin the left guard and Kilgore off the bench reserve. This to me would be the best OLINE combo the 49ers can possibly dish out.

I was entertaining your idea until I read Looney at center.
Thank god you aren't the GM for the 49ers. lol
LT = Staley
LG = Boone / Kilgore / M Martin / Looney
C = Kilgore / M Martin
RG = Boone / Kilgore / M Martin / Looney
RT = A. Davis

Then Move up to draft OL Brandon Scherff from Iowa to compete at BOTH tackle spots initially, maybe even have him compete also at BOTH guard spots...

MY favorite scenario is:

LT = Staley // Boone
LG = M. Martin // Looney
C = Kilgore // M. Martin // Looney // Farrell
RG = A. Davis // Looney
RT = Scherff // Boone
Share 49ersWebzone