LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Week 15 - 2014: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Well, not to be too direct, but I might just have something to do with the fact that we just played Seattle.

Granted, but the larger point I was trying to make is that it's more useful to evaluate Kaepernick's performance using the full scope of his games, particularly considering most people on here aren't making assessments based solely on his Seattle performance. Besides, with the way Kaepernick performs against Seattle, simply not turning the ball over is an improvement so the evaluation is moot really.
[ Edited by mato49er on Dec 21, 2014 at 10:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Regina:
Orgasmic

Looking forward to that !!!
Wouldnt that be something regina?
Afrikan, I agree, it would be foolish for a new HC to come in and not give Kap a chance, but I agree with Mato's first post that the time for Kap to go study fims, and spend months in the film room, is long since gone.. I don't believe he really understood just how much better NFL is than college ball, and IMO he thot he could out- atheliticize other players. Wrong. There are just too many great players in NFL who as LBers, can outrun any qB in the game. Kap's disinterest in looking at film during the game either after a TD pass or a 3 and out has been terribly disappointing. And it is obvious his concentration of the physical aspect of the game really should have been devoted to studying the game, where he came up short. Therefore, I don't think a new HC is going to want to break all kap's bad habits and make him relearn his position when he could get a new guy and start with him from scratch. Kap has just too much that he has to unlearn. also, and this is just my opinion, I think it was easy for kap to do the physical stuff and difficult for him to do the hard stuff. Hence he comes in on the really low end of the mental aspect of the game.,basically because he has ignored the mental aspects. Just opinion, remember.

Mato excellent take on the Kap situation, and I agree his weakness is the mental part of the game, where he has regressed, mainly because he didn't do the study that Peyton or Brady or Wilson do. Just being the best athlete doesn't cut it in the NFL. As for a QB coach, great idea, but that will only go so far. Kap has to resign himself to full time study, no social media stuff and just football morning, noon, and nite. And based on past performance, I don't think kap has it in him to become a study maniac. Another guy who doesn't do that and will have a shortened career because of it is Manziel.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Sofa, much as I would like continuity, roman and harbs gotta go. And I bet the new OC/HC will want to pick his own Qb too.

I think anyone baalke hires will have to be on board with kaepernick as the qb. They did just reward him with a 6 year contract. A GM like baalke runs the show, the coach just coaches who he has.

They aren't going to let anyone come in and strip power from baalke especially after building the roster he has.
Share 49ersWebzone