There are 269 users in the forums

Depth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How is that alot of people say we have so much depth yet we sit here at 7-7 and lost to Oakland and Chicago? Arizona has had just as many injuries and is sitting in first place in the nfc. Our depth is overrated! Our offense is pathetic. I'll give it to the lb core that played great but other than that I don't know where all this depth is?
can someone give me a list of AZ injuries. I doubt they have as many us. I doubt anyone has as much as us. Also, Arians had a high flying offense at Pitt (although still could run) and with a high flying offense you can throw a number of QB's in and still win. Not like their defense isn't great either. And I think we had more depth a few years back but think of the 20 plus players who left us to go play on s**t teams for more money these past few years in FA. BTW the d depth is doing just fine, it's all about the offense and Arians could probably do a lot more with our O than Roman has. If the O was half way competent we would be sitting at 9-10, maybe even 11 wins and in the thick of things. Edit: We are also in the middle of a youth movement. Like I said think of all the vet players that have left us and all the young guys who have made the team.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
How is that alot of people say we have so much depth yet we sit here at 7-7 and lost to Oakland and Chicago? Arizona has had just as many injuries and is sitting in first place in the nfc. Our depth is overrated! Our offense is pathetic. I'll give it to the lb core that played great but other than that I don't know where all this depth is?

Cards don't have anywhere near as many injuries. Frostee Rucker has ably replaced Darnell Dockett, Campbell has been healthy for much of the season, they've developed some wide receivers very nicely, including a star rookie in John Brown. They signed a guy off the street and now he's rushing for 100 yards a game for them. They've also done a better job of using the players they do have overall. Larry Foote has done a tremendous job as an aging vet that was supposedly over the hill.

I will say this, all-around, they just seem like they are better coached than the 49ers right now, on offense and defense. I think they are better coached than any team in the NFC West right now. They've got a lot of good people on their staff, fro Tom Moore to Stump Mitchell to Jonathan Goodwin's brother, Todd Bowles....etc.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM ]
Let's really look at the depth. Depth is not supposed to be players that can come in and win and sustain all season or they would be starters. They are players to learn and develop behind the starters and get spot time here and there. A lot of backups get to play in blowouts and develop. We never get to take players out and develop in garbage time. You have starters for a reason. The team was down to the 3rd Center 3rd RB 5th TE 5th ILB 5th CB
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Cards don't have anywhere near as many injuries. Frostee Rucker has ably replaced Darnell Dockett, Campbell has been healthy for much of the season, they've developed some wide receivers very nicely, including a star rookie in John Brown. They signed a guy off the street and now he's rushing for 100 yards a game for them. They've also done a better job of using the players they do have overall. Larry Foote has done a tremendous job as an aging vet that was supposedly over the hill.

I will say this, all-around, they just seem like they are better coached than the 49ers right now, on offense and defense. I think they are better coached than any team in the NFC West right now. They've got a lot of good people on their staff, fro Tom Moore to Stump Mitchell to Jonathan Goodwin's brother, Todd Bowles....etc.

Agree, with no running game to speak of they still get it done. They put pressure on the quarterback and come up with big pass plays every game. However, they're not going far with the 3rd string QB.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Agree, with no running game to speak of they still get it done. They put pressure on the quarterback and come up with big pass plays every game. However, they're not going far with the 3rd string QB.

They've got a running game now. Kerwynn Williams. 175 yards in 2 games, 5 yards a carry.

Its funny because the Colts who really DON'T have a running game, originally drafted the guy in the 7th round.

Nobody has more depth than us.
we have an all pro team on injured reserve. we are down to practice squad players playing major snaps and we're still hanging with the seahawks on the road.
the o line has been in shambles and our 2 best cornerbacks have missed the season basically lol

and then we have the players who didn't even get to play this year like acker and millard and thomas
Thank you Baby Jesus for the Depth and quality of players this year because if it wasnt for that depth we wouldnt even be 7-7 at this time. The D are still coming up big every week. The O...not so much
Share 49ersWebzone