LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

Mark Helfrich HC Oregon Ducks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Don't think Harbaugh is coming back next year and if that's the case, I hope we make a run at Mark Helfrich. I think his system (chip kelly) could be a perfect fit for Kap.
Look at chip kelly. They might not even make the playoffs with better offensive talent. No thanks
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Look at chip kelly. They might not even make the playoffs with better offensive talent. No thanks

That offense has done miserably against the NFC West.
f**k no.
make that a hell f**king no.
The system isn't the problem the lack of adjustments and play calling is the problem.
We did not have someone who can call a competent game every single week that was the problem. The system the playbook all of it is fine.

If we literally stop calling long developing speed route plays with precision route running possession receivers
and quit calling long developing blocking plays and call quick hitting ones that require both backs (assuming we use both) to hit the hole quick
we're probably at least 11-3 right now.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Exactly. We'd be complaining next year too about the gimmick offense that runs the same five plays and don't let our defense get any rest
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Helfrich is a definite YES for me. And I'm a SC guy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Doesn't matter they score 60 points a game against teams that don't play defense. They also scored more points in 2 games at Levi's than we did in 5. Never have been and never will be on the Chip Kelly, Helfrich and Mariota bandwagons.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
2 years of college head coaching experience and currently winning with the team Chip Kelly assembled. Has yet to prove he can win with players he brought in. Also Chip Kelly is doing well in the NFL, but lets not act like he is blowing the doors off the NFL. He has a 19-11 career record and is 0-1 in the playoffs.
Why the hell is everybody looking for the next Chip Kelly? I keep reading how the league finally caught up to JH's formula (in 4 years). Same thing will happen with the stupid chuck 'n duck offense.
OK - none of you guys know if Harbs is coming back and we arent going to have ninertalk filled with everyones preferred choice for headcoach threads.

Share 49ersWebzone