LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

What type of fan are you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What type of fan are you?

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Yeah that really would suck. So if we rest our starters ill be rooting for our bench players to WIN

There are too many variables involved which makes me realize that all you can do as a fan is cheer on your team. You guys rooting to lose think you are being smart and thinking long term. What if 7-9 means jed blows the team up and we start from scratch? Wouldn't that put us farther back long term? We don't know what can happen. Our jobs as fans is to root for them to win, not worry about draft position

He isn't blowing up the team. He's blowing up the coaching staff, there's a difference. I don't think anyone in the front office doesn't understand how injuries played a role this season, but when healthy, this is a Superbowl caliber roster, so no, nothing is being blown up beyond the coaches on the offensive side of the ball potentially.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM ]
Draft position. Who cares if we win at this point?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah that really would suck. So if we rest our starters ill be rooting for our bench players to WIN

There are too many variables involved which makes me realize that all you can do as a fan is cheer on your team. You guys rooting to lose think you are being smart and thinking long term. What if 7-9 means jed blows the team up and we start from scratch? Wouldn't that put us farther back long term? We don't know what can happen. Our jobs as fans is to root for them to win, not worry about draft position

He isn't blowing up the team. He's blowing up the coaching staff, there's a difference. I don't think anyone in the front office doesn't understand how injuries played a role this season, but when healthy, this is a Superbowl caliber roster, so no, nothing is being blown up beyond the coaches on the offensive side of the ball potentially.

The coaching staff is what i mean by Team. Sorry for not clarifying
The point of the regular season is to position yourself in the playoffs. By getting kicked out of the playoffs, these games lose their purpose. They become stupid pre-season games.

I say let's start rebuilding right away.

Plus, losing to AZ is all sorts of bad for Seattle.
[ Edited by Draelmar on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM ]
Of the past few Pro-Bowl's played, 51% of the players involved were selected in the first round. Of that 51%, 80% were selected in the top 15 picks. That's the difference between winning and losing these last two games.

You lose two, you pick in the top 15, you win 2, you might be picking at 19 or 20.
The coaching staff is what i mean by Team. Sorry for not clarifying

The coaching staff is already getting blown up from everything that has been reported, losing two more games isn't going to make things any worse than what they are right now IMO. I think Harbaugh has an opportunity to remain with the team, but only if he agrees to dump the dead weight coaches on the offensive side of the ball.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM ]
I want to be a pain in the ass to AZ. I mean embarrass them for making the playoffs with garbage and blind luck. The loss to them early with the drive extending calls just pissed me off to no end when we were just playing tough defense.

Plus I don't think we should draft a first rounder anyways, I would like to parlay more picks and work with those.

I don't care if we are 2-14 or 10-6, I like wins.
Lose the next two. What's the point of winning? We lost lots of great players because of injury and in the offseason a lot of them won't be back. We need to replace them with high quality players and they are mostly found in the top 15.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I want to be a pain in the ass to AZ. I mean embarrass them for making the playoffs with garbage and blind luck. The loss to them early with the drive extending calls just pissed me off to no end when we were just playing tough defense.

Plus I don't think we should draft a first rounder anyways, I would like to parlay more picks and work with those.

I don't care if we are 2-14 or 10-6, I like wins.

Not in this draft. s**tty draft for trading down, a lot of the depth and talented players were drained in last years draft. This is a draft to swing for the fences and pick up a homerun type player.
Of the past few Pro-Bowl's played, 51% of the players involved were selected in the first round. Of that 51%, 80% were selected in the top 15 picks. That's the difference between winning and losing these last two games.

You lose two, you pick in the top 15, you win 2, you might be picking at 19 or 20.

The starters on Seattles defense....it's not just talent, it's heavily on coaching

Not in this draft. s**tty draft for trading down, a lot of the depth and talented players were drained in last years draft. This is a draft to swing for the fences and pick up a homerun type player.

wut?
Win....
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
wut?

Weak draft at a lot of positions. Very good at RB, not so much at many others.
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
The starters on Seattles defense....it's not just talent, it's heavily on coaching

True.
Sherman = 154th pick
Chancellor = 133rd pick
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:

And they've all been taken into account, people like to point out the exceptions to the rule as some sort of deflection yet arguably the most important guy on their defense was a Top 15 pick.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone