There are 170 users in the forums

What type of fan are you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What type of fan are you?

Been hearing a lot about this lately. Out of curiosity, which type of fan are you?
Draft position, screw the moral victories. If you're talking potentially about the difference between drafting 12 and 13 or drafting 18 and 19........now that they are officially out of the playoff hunt........bring on the losses, especially in a weak draft where the very top players will go PDQ.

In 2007 that was the difference basically between drafting Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch and Revis compared to drafting Jarvis Moss and Leon Hall.

There's a few high premium, potential #1 WR's in this draft, 49ers would have a good shot at one of them drafting between 12-15, potentially none of them at 18 or 19.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 14, 2014 at 8:58 PM ]
Not to be a dick, but there is already a thread that talks about this exact subject
The point of being a fan is to root for my team to win. Win out and let the chips fall where they do, even if does mean a lower pick
Lose out and be a top 10-12 pick at 7-9 instead of dropping 3 or 4 spots just to be 8-8 or 9-7. Are the 49ers gonna get any comp picks??? Please I do not want Baalke or Harbaugh or Roman back!! This season was an embarrassment of all sorts. We were the laffing stock of all football talk shows due to the drama.
Better draft position.

The draft has the potential to improve our future.

Winning meaningless games will not help us next season.
Win.

You play to win the game. The only way I MIGHT say otherwise.. is if you are sitting at 2-12.. in ideal position for the #1 pick.. and an Andrew Luck is coming out.

Then, I might say screw it...

But picking between the 16th overall or 13th overall? Nah... just play to win.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Better draft position.

The draft has the potential to improve our future.

Winning meaningless games will not help us next season.

This. I could give a damn if they wound up 7-9 if it nets them a better player to help them win games when it actually matters again next season.

Upside-Let the young players play more snaps these last two games, figure out who should stay and who needs to go for next season....if anyone.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM ]
I would rather lose by benching starters so we don't get any late serious injuries.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Better draft position

Originally posted by jreff22:
I would rather lose by benching starters so we don't get any late serious injuries.

That's the only thing I'm really worried about, any injuries that might carry over into next season. A serious injury to Kaepernick, Justin Smith, Staley...any number of players would be devastating over games that don't really matter much.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Just win! I want season to end on a good note.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:

That's the only thing I'm really worried about, any injuries that might carry over into next season. A serious injury to Kaepernick, Justin Smith, Staley...any number of players would be devastating over games that don't really matter much.

Yeah that really would suck. So if we rest our starters ill be rooting for our bench players to WIN

There are too many variables involved which makes me realize that all you can do as a fan is cheer on your team. You guys rooting to lose think you are being smart and thinking long term. What if 7-9 means jed blows the team up and we start from scratch? Wouldn't that put us farther back long term? We don't know what can happen. Our jobs as fans is to root for them to win, not worry about draft position
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Get the wins, at least have a winning season.
Harbaugh could just lose the last two and play bench the starters out of spite toward York, since he's on his way out. They're not gonna sell many tickets to begin with, imagine if the fans (us) were made aware this week about that. No ones gonna watch. That being said...I want to win!!
Share 49ersWebzone